The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Ask Me Anything Best niches for Begginers with $0 in 2023

John Mills

affiliate
For every beginner in this market, niche selection is, without a doubt, the second great barrier between 0 (the studying phase) and 1 (applying your knowledge in a real project).

Paid Traffic can be very competitive (specially when you're competing against experienced traffic professionals) and Organic Traffic can be very difficult, because you're competing for attention against everyone. The average attention span today is 10 seconds. You need to have the right content, the right copy, the right design (ad aeternum)...

All of this can be overwhelming for a beginner, especially if they don't have startup capital for their business.

Today, I'm going to discuss potential niches for beginners with $0 (and where not to go, in my opinion), in order to help and be helped in this discussion:

GO:

• Tech Gadgets, Accessories, and Home Improvement: Discover a winning product (dropshipping or amazon) and promote it organically (reels or tik tok). It depends on the algorithm and a bit of luck, but you can find a winning product and make $1k, $2k, $4k, $5k, or even $10k. It's a startup money for your next projects (you're not in the $0 phase anymore).

• "Political" Products: People want to belong to a group, whether it's LGBT, Red Pill, Eco Friendly, Pro Trump, Sigma, or Feminist (ad aeternum). You can create content about one of these niches/subcultures and affiliate yourself with one or more products, selling similarly to how I mentioned in "Tech Gadgets, Accessories, and Home Improvement."

• Very Specific Hobbies: the same principles apply as in the two previous suggestions. (examples: very specific sports or hobbies, like hiking, beekeeping or even pet training at home) - In the case of pet training, I would recommend digital products.

• Pet Care: be original, and you can find your space in organic traffic.

• Emerging Health Trends (CBD products, Nootropics and others): This is a niche, but I recommend finding a sub-niche/sub-product and to choose a good market (I'm willing to sell in Latin America, North America (US / CAN), UK and/or EU (Spain and Portugal) for example). Considering that this is a health product, EACH MARKET has its legal pros and cons for EACH PRODUCT. You need to do your own research to find out the best product for the best market, negotiate with a network or merchant and then produce VALUE content better then anyone else.

MAYBE:

• Gambling: This market might be getting too competitive and filled with scammers, but it still appears to be profitable. However, it might be challenging with a $0 startup money.
  • Dating: Success here depends on the uniqueness of your value proposition. More on this in the "don't go" section.
  • Travel/Adventure Travel: The only reason that this is in MAYBE session is because I'm not very knowledgeable about this niche in digital marketing. It might not be suitable for a beginner with no budget. Actually, just like luxury niche, I just don't see it working for a begginer with $0. But there is money in there.
  • Home Office: There's potential, both for physical and digital products, but it might not be as big a deal as it was a year or two ago.
  • Alternative Education: I don't see significant money here unless you're an expert or influencer and can sell digital products, consultancy, or mentoring.

DON'T GO:

• Weight Loss and Dream Body (Mainstream Health): this niche can be profitable, but it's oversaturated (red ocean). You'll need a fantastic product, copywriting, sales funnel, and a unique value proposition to succeed in paid traffic. Organic content creation, SEO, or social media will be extremely competitive. I'd only consider doing this if I already had experience, money, and had found a very good and unique product for weight loss or achieving the dream body (plus you have facebook ads blocks).

• Money, Finance and Similars: This is the big red ocean. To stand out in this, you need to either start producing content RIGHT IN THE BEGGINING of a new market cycle (in the first half of this year, I would say that it was Recession and AI). Now, maybe SaaS? No Code SaaS? I'm not sure yet. But I'm sure you can't do AI right now, because if you do the same of everyone else, you wont stand out. Even A. Tate have an AI product right now. But if you have an completely new AI product / offer, you maybe stand a chance. But with $0 capital, I find it very difficult to do.
Standing out requires producing content right at the beginning of a new market cycle, and it's challenging with a $0 budget.

• Relationships: This is the last one of the big three red oceans (health / fitness, money / finance and sex / relationship). Competitive but relatively easier to find a unique value proposition compared to the other two red oceans (health/fitness and money/finance), but some experience might be needed in this niche. If you're going to try, don't be the same as everyone else: if you decide to try, don't be like everyone else. If you start early in the next market cycle for relationships, you could succeed in content creation, but if you're gonna make just other red pill, sigma or alpha page (for men relationship, for example) you WILL have a lot of competition.

• Adult/Dating: Similar to the relationship niche, it's very competitive. Competitors in this niche often have more resources, network and capital, and most developed countries (and mojority of emerging) already know how to have dating or adult content for free. But dating could be an opportunity, especially with a unique value proposition (maybe a PLR with an UVP?)

• Crypto:The market cycle has changed, and it's not as mainstream as before. There's competition and scams in the crypto sub-niche.
    • 2020: Crypto Pump
    • 2021: Crypto and Web3
    • 2022: Crypto/Web3 Winter + Russia and Ukraine (fear of recession) + AI beggining
    • 2023: AI explosion (how to make money with AI products) and Recession Narrative (products on how to protect yourself from it).
* I'm not saying that you can't make money with crypto, I'm just saying that in DIGITAL MARKETING we are already in other market cycle and crypto is just another subniche with a lot of experienced competition and scammers.

• Web3/Metaverse: This is a very new concept, and I don't see a sustainable market for it right now. Maybe too early, or maybe it just wont pay off in the future.

* All this is based on MY experience and MY view about the market. Feel free to agree, disagree, or add to my thread.

WHAT I'M GOING TO DO?

Well, I'm thinking seriously about starting to create content in organic traffic about nootropics in Brazil and affiliate myself to a Physical / Digital Product (affiliating myself with a physical or digital product (depending my on affiliation options as a beginner without paid traffic).Later on, I can expand to paid traffic and even white-labeling, expanding and targeting other Latin American countries (maybe even US / CAN, in the future). However, I'm avoiding the US for now. It's not my country, and I don't have the experience to sell there (it's one of the world's most competitive markets in almost every niche).

I'm open to partnering (partnerships) with other Brazilians on this new project, and I'm also open to receiving guidance on this new journey from more experienced marketers and exploring potential partnerships.

Last edited:
  • Disruptive product or service
  • New to the market
  • Early adopter stage
  • Well capitalized partner making the offer (they actually have the money to pay you)
product-adoption-curve.jpg

If you have no money to bring a product to market --you will need on hell of a good story to tell ;)

• Disruptive product or service
  • New to the market
  • Early adopter stage

Nootropics aren't necessarily disruptive, but with a value content, a good funnel and a good unique value proposition, I can sell it for people (targeting: people that are very concerned to their health and "biohacker" subculture).

• Well capitalized partner making the offer (they actually have the money to pay you)

I'm open to partnership!

If you have no money to bring a product to market --you will need on hell of a good story to tell ;)

Thanks for the help. I'm going to study Storytelling from now on.

Plus: it's my initial idea. I will run some market researchs to understand if there is money in there. I can update it in a "Journey Thread as soon as I validate my idea.

Do some reading maybe you can trend something ...

Interesting. Actually, I do have some startup capital, but I'd prefer to test organically, study more about paid traffic, explore winning offers... and only then invest my money in this. It's about R$1.3k (for paid traffic in Brazilian reais). With this amount, I don't have much margin for errors...

Oh, graybeard, how long are you in this business? I see you in various threads, in this forum. And I see that you have various campaigns and income sources. How did you started? Do you have any advice for begginers? And thank you for the help.

I can sell it for people (targeting: people that are very concerned to their health and "biohacker" subculture).

Do some reading maybe you can trend something ...

I would like to add one more thing for newbies.

Don't forget to shorten your links using some or your own domain. Affiliate links can be long and unappealing

I'm going to discuss potential niches for beginners with $0

The answer is simple for those with $0 and want to get in this industry:
  • Get a job.
  • Save $ until you can afford to start a business in affiliate marketing.
  • Join marketing forums where you can get free actionable guidance and get a set of brains on the industry.
No one, and I mean NOBODY, gets success in this industry for free or with a $0 budget. It is just a lame tactic to pitch it as a possibility for those that want to sell something to a newbie. It's a very old tactic, a very old false pitch, an ancient and harmful means by which unscrupulous people use to siphon money off of unsuspecting newbies.

This is a business and industry and there is absolutely NO FREE OPTIONS for starting a new business in this industry!!!

Jenny Holzer Potential Counts For Nothing Until Its Realized GIF

Read a lot and don't waste time with YouTube:
I’m sorry. That’s just the way it is. If you’re in the early stages of building a business presence online, you can mess around with blogging and social media for months (and perhaps you still will), but here’s the honest-to-goodness truth:

Unless you get very lucky, Instagram and Facebook aren’t going to drive serious traffic to your website.

Unless you work your butt off for the next year, content marketing isn’t going to drive serious traffic to your website.

Came across this yesterday: The Ecommerce Guide to Online Marketing | Wishpond

For every beginner in this market, niche selection is, without a doubt, the second great barrier between

Excuse me, it is not in any way a barrier. How is it a barrier. There is nothing barring an individual from selecting aa niche. Niche selection is simply an step to learn and implement.

When you tell someone something is difficult, they prepare themselves for something difficult and approach whatever it is as difficult. That is putting up barriers where there really is none. When you tell someone something is just a choice they need to learn, then they learn and typically very quickly.

I'm open to partnering (partnerships)

Why would anyone partner with someone that has no money and no developed skills?

Thank you, T J.

As a newbie in this market, this kind of feedback helps me to get closer to my goals at the digital marketing.

Now I'm a step closer to my first campaign.

banners
Back