The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Stepping towards Affiliate Marketing

bigcat1967

Hi guys:

For the past year and a half - I have been doing SEO work for people (part-time). I also work full-time in an IT dept. at a major auto company.

I've been thinking of doing affiliate marketing for myself and someday, walk away from working for "the man".

I saw that Linda posted a lot of great info in this forum in which I'll be reading later, but just wondering what is the best advice you guys can give me when it comes to starting out in affiliate marketing.

Hi guys:

For the past year and a half - I have been doing SEO work for people (part-time). I also work full-time in an IT dept. at a major auto company.

I've been thinking of doing affiliate marketing for myself and someday, walk away from working for "the man".

I saw that Linda posted a lot of great info in this forum in which I'll be reading later, but just wondering what is the best advice you guys can give me when it comes to starting out in affiliate marketing.

I'll tell you one thing - if you keep working it till it succeeds, it will feel pretty great to be away from "the man". :D

Good luck.

find HOT niche.
Make a website (SEO Optimized)
Write an article and submit it to article directories routinely.
it's a simple step to start it ^_^

Before even having your own website, you can test things out with a squidoo lens which will be a review of the product you promote.
Then create several articles pointing to your squidoo lens. Don't forget to do some keyword research first in order to get your articles and squidoo lens ranked well by Google for the keywords you'll target.
Make sure to have the keyword in your title + a few times in your article (2% keyword density is the best). It's important.

You'll need to be consistent and never give up. You'll succeed. Believe in your success before even starting. Believe me, our thoughts become things.

Having the right mindset is a very important part of internet marketing success! :)

Try and stick to just one project... I was at the point of starting a new project every week (well it seemed that way) and they'd earn a couple of dollars here and there, but as soon as I focused my efforts on just one project I "saw the light".

MI
Back