The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Starting Amazon associates with just a domain

wozzawozza

affiliate
Hi, I am in the process of having a website produced that will promote amazon and various other affiliate products. My question is do I need to have a fully operational site before I apply to Amazon or is the domain sufficient?

you could probably get approved with just a domain and some quick content thrown up but as tj said its best to get all the pieces in place and have a good plan in order before you start

Well just think logicaly
Its not good to aply with just the domain as you look very unprofesional
At least get a host ,instal wordpress and trow some articles

you could probably get approved with just a domain and some quick content thrown up but as tj said its best to get all the pieces in place and have a good plan in order before you start
Last I checked Amazon approves all who apply. They will review your site after 3 months. If you made 3 or more QUALIFIED sales over the last quarter they issue a payout. Keep in mind that Amazon market place is NOT a global zone. You must join each Country as an affiliate and drive traffic from that country to the respective market place. I live in Canada and joined Amazon.CA. If my site gets a US resident and redirects the visitor to Amazon.COM where s/he buys something I do NOT get a commission. Best practice is to use a BRIDGE page and the Geo Redirection tool at affkit.com/tools/geo-redirection. It has 238 countries capability. If you're English speaking US resident join the USA Associates program. If you live in the UK join amazon.co.uk. Start with your country of residence and drive "foreign" traffic to other CPA offers. As you gain experience read up on how to join other Amazon Markets. At that point I'd recommend you look for a tax lawyer and an account who understands Ecomm. ( Apologies if I duplicated info already published in this forum )

banners
Back