The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

some questions I asked my traffic source salesman

schleprock

I was hoping you guys could tell me about this too.
Here are the questions I asked on Skype:
I blocked my campaign because I had 233 clicks and the Google Analytics says that the average person stayed on the page 00:00:15 seconds. My page loads in just under 1 second, so they could not have even seen the page. Is there a way to block traffic sources so I can get some real traffic. 34 dollars for this traffic is not a good idea for me​
then I added:
So 233 clicks and Google only says 139 visitors is something I would like explained to.​
here is my source data:

Attachments

• M1 cap.JPG
    M1 cap.JPG
    19.9 KB · Views: 14
  • M cap.JPG
    M cap.JPG
    64 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Yup, you need to block these sources/zones that's the whole idea of paid traffic; optimizing by removing the bad zones. That's also why you need quite a big budget until you can make a profit, because you have to:
Buy Traffic > Optimize > Buy Traffic > Optimize > Buy Traffic > Optimize etc etc etc.
Inorder to find out what zones/sources aren't working out for you, you need to use a tracker. You can find plenty of them on the forum, however if you do not have the funds to go for a tracker, you can also use the dashboard of the affiliate network that you're already working with.
Just send the zone_id or source_id from your traffic source to S2,S3,S4,S5,S6 etc on your affiliate network, then you'll see in the statistics if they've converted or not.

The MGID guy just said it was some bad widget placements and standard blacklisting was needed. I asked him if that is something I needed to do or if he already did it.
I did not see how to do it from my dashboard but. I am new, so it may well be there and I am just not smart enough to know it.

So why doesn't this add up?
Legitimate question ...
I have server logs and statistics proving the same thing schleprock is saying -- the numbers don't add up.
Assuming your server is fast to adequate -- ?

banners
Back