The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Should we have both Google and Yahoo?

Stephanie

affiliate
Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere but we are just trying to decide whether we should pay for both google and yahoo ads for people trying to find business forums, for our bizface community?

Seems to me some people seem to prefer one to the other, so both might be a good idea.

Any views?

Cheers

Stephanie,
If the budget to advertise on both sites its there, I think you should advertise on both Google and Yahoo to have maximum coverage.

Most people either use Google or Yahoo rather than Google and Yahoo. You have a wider exposure if you use both sites.

Stephanie,
If the budget to advertise on both sites its there, I think you should advertise on both Google and Yahoo to have maximum coverage.

Most people either use Google or Yahoo rather than Google and Yahoo. You have a wider exposure if you use both sites.

Thanks very much Temi, I will do both!

Both

i think both are good but to be honest i always use google its the easier and faster way to go it totally fulfills my online needs , i cant make a choice yet

I wouldn't waste all the time and effort setting up Yahoo PPC. 80%-90% of all internet searches are done on Google so the administrative effort of setting up and running a Yahoo PPC campaign is wasted effort.

i think advertising in both yahoo and google is not a good idea and i think it will pay off soon :D because, you advertise your sites in top ranked search engines :D

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere but we are just trying to decide whether we should pay for both google and yahoo ads for people trying to find business forums, for our bizface community?

Seems to me some people seem to prefer one to the other, so both might be a good idea.

Any views?

Cheers

Number 1 marketing rule: The more you spend on Ads the better!

This clearly depends on the budget you have. Check out the cost and see what is best for you. Personally I prefer Google. Check out also adCenter of Microsoft.

This clearly depends on the budget you have. Check out the cost and see what is best for you. Personally I prefer Google. Check out also adCenter of Microsoft.

Hi,

I think you are right as ti willnot going to create any problem if you are choosing Yahoo or Google as the better you invest for ads he better the revenue yo will generate for you but it should be done with full relevancy and you should be very specific.

As, Google is a best place for your ads but, yes, you can also try Microsoft adCenter.

Thanks

lol - I nearly fell off my seat when I read that. :)

Firstly, advertising is just one part of marketing. Product/service design, distribution etc are all part of marketing.

Secondly, spending more on advertising is not always the answer. Far better to focus on spending money on forms of advertising which generate the most revenue.

If you'd said "Number 1 rule of advertising: Review your advertising activities and focus on the most effective forms" then I wouldn't have nearly ended up on the floor.

Any views?

Cheers

Well, if you do have enough budget for your advertising campaign in both Google and Yahoo, then you can try them both. But if you don't have, then better choose Google because this search engine is most widely used by searchers online.

i dont think it's always needed to spend more money just to give your ads a better exposure. i think you can still advertise them and get better sales if you know how to use PPC effectively.

Well, if you do have enough budget for your advertising campaign in both Google and Yahoo, then you can try them both. But if you don't have, then better choose Google because this search engine is most widely used by searchers online.

i dont think it's always needed to spend more money just to give your ads a better exposure. i think you can still advertise them and get better sales if you know how to use PPC effectively.

Hi,

You are right as, if you have good knowledge to use PPC in a better way then, spending more money for your ads will not affect you that much.

Also, you can better go for Google or Microsoft AdCenter, I use this for amy ads and it is very effective.

Thanks!!

Why not do like we did. Put a set budget on each, for example £20. Set the keywords carefully, monitor the results and see what worked for you.

Our choice was to continue using neither after the initial trial because it cost more to get a customer than they were spending, but it did inform us that people using the key term 'Eco Friendly Products' were more likely to convert than people looking for 'Green Products' so that help us decide where to push our SEO forward. This would have been much slower to work out via SEO alone and saved us much time.

MI
Back