propellerads adcombo
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Salutations from mid america

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by otto24, Apr 29, 2006.

1. otto24

otto24 Affiliate affiliate

Hello
    I am new here (FNG), I read an article by Linda and was impressed so after further investigation I landed here. I'm from Kansas (flat and boring) so thank god for cable tv and the internet. I've been a computer tech and web producer for 9 years and am currently going to college and launching my new business. I love trouble shooting and helping people on and offline. There are 2 kinds of people...those that do things and those that make money from people who do things...I want to do both ;)

2. Linda Buquet

Linda Buquet <span style="color: #daa520;font-weight: bold;">Me

Hey Otto,

Welcome and thanks for the kind words. I lived in Kansas when I was little. All I remember is tornadoes and BIG spiders.

Remember what article I wrote that got you here? Just curious... :p

3. otto24

otto24 Affiliate affiliate

RE: From Kansas

Hi Linda
    Thanks for the welcome. I was testing my Yahoo search results to verify my successful exorcism of a search hijacker when I came across your article "Spyware Scum & Search Hijackers Busted by FTC" at threadwatch.org. It may have been a relatively old article but it was refreshing none the less. I just wish they could get more of these internet hoodlums.
    I am posting a message in the 'Cookie Issues, Adware & Spyware Forum' describing a new scam I discovered while file sharing mp3's. Also I am mentioning (with caution) the free software I used to remove the page hijacker... I hope the info can help someone but let me know if I've done anything inappropriate.
    TY

4. infin8

infin8 Affiliate affiliate

I'm from Kansas City - not quite so boring and flat as Wichita but boring and flat, nonetheless. I'm also new here, so I guess I'll make my introduction post too.

5. Linda Buquet

Linda Buquet <span style="color: #daa520;font-weight: bold;">Me

I saw that post. Thanks Otto and thanks for posting the software with a warning. I don't mind people posting helpful links, but you never know especially with anti-spyware software what it does. Some are pretty shady themselves.

Welcome infin8! Love the user name! Hope you enjoy it here. Look forward to your participation.

Featured Resources (View All)

adsxposed