The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Reference for new affiliate accounts?

M

maiko2299

I don't want to bother friends for a reference to an affiliate program.
I am trying to get in on force factor. I like the possibilities, but I don't want to put down refernces.

people already think I am a bit crazy as it is for some of the things I do on-line

has anyone had experience with these "references"

Thanks,
Michael

I don't know anything about Force Factor, but your friends might be the ones you ask versus people you don't know how much real experience they have had with it.

Is it a network that wants the references?

I haven't heard too much about affiliate apps requiring a reference until just recently. I think some of the networks like Advaliant are requiring them to try to cut down on affiliate fraud.

If that's what's going on then the main thing they want to know is simply that you are who you say you are, so it's no big deal. If it's Advaliant, they ask for industry" references, so friends may not work anyway. They probably need some verification that you are really an affiliate. One of the other problems in the industry lately is people signing up for networks just to sell the account to fraudsters.

Is it a network that wants the references?

I haven't heard too much about affiliate apps requiring a reference until just recently. I think some of the networks like Advaliant are requiring them to try to cut down on affiliate fraud.

If that's what's going on then the main thing they want to know is simply that you are who you say you are, so it's no big deal. If it's Advaliant, they ask for industry" references, so friends may not work anyway. They probably need some verification that you are really an affiliate. One of the other problems in the industry lately is people signing up for networks just to sell the account to fraudsters.

A minimum of 2 industry trusted industry references is something we are requiring for all NEW applications at MediaTrust (formally Advaliant). Industry references should either be existing MediaTrust publishers who can personally vouch for you or references from networks you are active with, that can be verified with your consent.

This is part of our affiliate verification system in order to prevent fraud on our network. Thanks for your interest in this topic.

Geofferson Marcy
Director, Publisher Management
MediaTrust

banners
Back