The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Rate One Another`s Squidoo Lenses

On my list, click "add to my list" then add the URL(s) to the box that comes up, click "Done Adding", you can edit anchor text + discription on the next page.

Livetech - italian wines is now featured on the group page, thanks for submitting - Though when you geta chance can you add an image to the intro of your chester lens?

Retro - If you can add an image to the intro of the directories lens that would help to!

I made a lens - its terrible, mainly because I didn't know what to do with it, so I took the lazy option, I made it about me!!

I really dont understand the point of a lens. Their bizarre.
Eruanna on Squidoo

srsly design wise, its ugly, and functionality wise its no different to anything else so why so popular!?

Quite agree with you Xhan, especially all those funny names like Lens, lensroll etc etc but they manage to convince enough people to use it that its now a force to reckon with online.

I made a lens - its terrible, mainly because I didn't know what to do with it, so I took the lazy option, I made it about me!!

Eruanna on Squidoo

srsly design wise, its ugly, and functionality wise its no different to anything else so why so popular!?

Eruanna on Squidoo

I wouldn't say it's terrible, you just need to familiarise yourself with the modules available and how to use them. Also, I'm not saying that you make a poor subject for a lense you just need more on it, but create one on a subject that you're passionate or knowledgable about and you'll then find it easy to add loads of content. Have a browse of the categories/topics on Squidoo, and have a look at one that your interested in to see the lenses that rank well and see how they're written and what modules are used.

Keep at it, and remember to have Fun!

On a side note - I just want to blow my trumpet about being awarded "Giant Squid" status on Squidoo. A status given to lensmasters who've created more than 50 'Quality' lenses! I have a few more than that, but wasn't sure I had 50 quality ones so it was nice surprise. I've been at it since last summer so it has taken a while to get there! :thumbsup:

On a side note - I just want to blow my trumpet about being awarded "Giant Squid" status on Squidoo. A status given to lensmasters who've created more than 50 'Quality' lenses! I have a few more than that, but wasn't sure I had 50 quality ones so it was nice surprise. I've been at it since last summer so it has taken a while to get there! :thumbsup:

Congratulations giant squid :)

Roo,

That's awsome! Do you get to be featured or something like that!
Well done!

As Far as I know the only thing a Giant Squid gets is a badge on each of their lenses, will try and upload it as my avatar here :)

You also get to set up a template for creating lenses so that you can have all your common modules on each of your new lenses.

We also get to try out and use new features before they're publicly announced, kinda using us as 'beta' testers!

Doesn't seem like much, but it did make me happy! :)

I wouldn't say it's terrible, you just need to familiarise yourself with the modules available and how to use them. Also, I'm not saying that you make a poor subject for a lense you just need more on it, but create one on a subject that you're passionate or knowledgable about and you'll then find it easy to add loads of content. Have a browse of the categories/topics on Squidoo, and have a look at one that your interested in to see the lenses that rank well and see how they're written and what modules are used.

Keep at it, and remember to have Fun!

but again I ask what really is the point? I mean if you want to make a page about fishing - you make a page about fishing - why make it on squidoo? and not *shudders* geocities or another hosting site?

The amount she whitters on about herself, I'd call that a passionate subject! :p ;) :)

lol

but again I ask what really is the point? I mean if you want to make a page about fishing - you make a page about fishing - why make it on squidoo? and not *shudders* geocities or another hosting site?

Well, there are many reasons why squidoo is superior to a site such as geocities -
Revenue sharing - you get a cut of the advertising revenue raised, based on performance of your lens each month by paypal - lastmonth was enough to pay for a set of blackout curtains ;)

Comminity - squidoo is web 2.0, very orientated towards social networking anda veryhelpful community of people to comment/rate/advise on your content

Page Rank - squidoo lenses do get good page rank, PR 3 & 4 quite being quite common - so great for backlinks back to other sites/projects

Traffic - PR translates into traffic, google usually picks up a lens within days of publishing without having to go through any submission process. Yahoo tends to take a little longer

training wheels for affiliates - I finding it great fun learning about affiliate marketing without having to invest in webhosting. I'm also finding this a lot more profitable than the revenue sharing aspect. If you have ever heard of BANS you can treat each squidoo lens as a niche store. Choose your keywords right and you can do very well! (i'm still on a learning curve here, but do know of people who have earned 4figures ($) in a month from 1 lens!)

Fun - heck, gotta admit it's fun and easy due to the huge variety and simplicity of the modules available to use

though for experienced web developers it's a bit of a backward step, though may have some value purely to gain backlinks

MI
Back