The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Rate One Another`s Squidoo Lenses

I know someone else who is keen on Squidoo, and he told me about this little tool which is quite useful. :thumbsup:

Squidaholic

With one little click you can find out who's talking about your lens, keep up with the latest scoop on your topic, and get all kinds of nifty ideas for promoting your lenses. Not to mention keep an eye on your competition.
Unique visits over the last 7 days:

Who's got an eye on you?

Find out who is linking to your lens. Tip #1: Make sure all your other sites, blogs, MySpace pages and Twitter and Facebook profiles are pointing to your lens. Tip #2: Ask your friends to lensroll and blogroll you.

Here are a few webpages that link to this lens, according to Yahoo:

Out of interest, my own lens is now in the Top 100 (for the first time). That means it gets listed on another page, which is a PR5. So, the lens itself gets an additional benefit by being linked to from another decent PR page.

This is another good reason to put some effort into building a content filled lens.

Squidoo Top 100

That's quite a fun tool! :)

And since yesterdays update to the page layout, which changed radically recently, there's a button to click on each of your lenses to take you straight to this page!

There's been a very mixed response to the new page layout and colour scheme. Luckily the powers that be at squidoo are a good bunch and have been quite responsive to this and have been listening to suggestions and complaints and acting upon them. So it's good to know that you belong to a social network that listens to it's members and responds to their concerns.

And since yesterdays update to the page layout, which changed radically recently, there's a button to click on each of your lenses to take you straight to this page!

I am not too much fan of free services like blogger, squidoo etc. BUT Now I am seriously thinking to work on couple of lenses. I regret that I ignored this marketing powerhouse. I have few lens but I never cared about promoting them.

better late than never... :)

Roo, I`ve done some favouriting, lensrolling, rating, and commenting on these of your`s-

Squidoo : Lensmaster Page

Money_Saving_Expert_UK on Squidoo

Ebay RSS Feeds for Your Lens and your Pocket! on Squidoo

Google Auctions Vs. Ebay on Squidoo

Toothbrush Sanitizers & Sterilizers on Squidoo

with my two:-

SUZUKI CARRY on Squidoo

Camping & Hiking Equipment on Squidoo

Hopefully by us all getting involved with reciprocating to some extent it`ll help get our lenses up the rankings, thus more noticed. :dance2:

Hi

Just created a new lens:

Paul Smith Perfumes, Fragrances & Aftershaves on Squidoo

Let me know if anybody wants a lensroll exchange :)

I hope you don't mind some constructive criticsm on this one?

It's only 3 modules, it will help to have more. Whilst I don't know the purpose you have for this lens, it may just be for getting a backlink or 2 for a couple of your websites or for clients, in doing this it works. Though as it's unlikely to attract many visitors or linkbacks to it it will remain a fairly poor quality backlink, wwhich is better than none!

Tags - Make the most of these, whilst they may not be that important to search engines nowadays they do have some relevance on squidoo. Each tag means another link into your lens from squidoo's tag search, essentially an internal backlink to the lens. Perfume, Fragrance, cologne would be ones I would suggest adding just for a start. Note about Tags - Primary Tag is usually pulled from your lens title, this often needs shortened/changed as it can be far too long for a decent tag/keyword

Modules to add -
First I would add an ebay module or 2, (alternatively an RSS feed from ebay) as there are often bargains in this category on ebay.

wiki- squidoo have a cool module to pull info from wiki, so get a biog from there about PS

Poll - get your visitors to interact with a single click - whether you ask wha they think of Paul Smith fragrances - Great wear it all the time, wear it when going out, not a big fan, stinks of cat wee. You get the idea? Interaction does help lensrank, which will reflect on the lenses page rank.

Amazon, whether using your own amazon links, or squidoos they are worth including and am sure there will be a choice to use. When using your own links you get all the commission, though if you haven't got much income from amazon.com you may prefer to use the squidoo modules, these will also gain you more lensrank than your own as squidoo favour those that will earn them commission as well.

Hopefully this advice/criticism has been useful to you and you can use it to improve your lens.

Meanwhile, if anyone wants to feedback or rate one of my latest lenses on green computing it would be appreciated! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like I am finally able to add sites to my lensroll, however, I see able to add my own lense only, how can I add one of teamplayer's site to my lens roll ?

If you go to someone else`s lens, just click on Lensroll on the page, then it will take you to another page to confirm, and it`s done.

If you go to someone else`s lens, just click on Lensroll on the page, then it will take you to another page to confirm, and it`s done.

Well, I tried to add you camping and hiking lens, clicked on it, got to this page (see attached image) but there is only the option to select one of own two lenses and image of your site showing, when I click on your site, it takes me back to your site.

Attachments

• lens.jpg
    lens.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 8
Haha, not at all! I've got no complaints and appreciate the constructive criticism.

As you figured, it is helping to push a clients site, adn the way in which I try and squidoo (or whatever the verb is to squidoo) is get something up quickly, then add to it. As such, it probably wasn't ready.

I can't really add ebay/amazon links :(, but I have taken on board what you've said about the poll. I'll add this feature to my other modules as well.

How come you can`t add eBay or Amazon links? You don`t need to have an affiliate account with them, you can just add the module(s) to your lens, then, let Squidoo make the appropriate selections depending on the lens`s content. That is unless you already knew how to do it but aren`t allowed to by your client in which case forget all that I`ve said. lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I tried to add you camping and hiking lens, clicked on it, got to this page (see attached image) but there is only the option to select one of own two lenses and image of your site showing, when I click on your site, it takes me back to your site.

Hmm, not sure what the problem is, Temi.

I just went to the Green Computing lens created by Roo, and just to test it I clicked on Lensroll, then a new page appeared, with this on it-

Lensrolling is a way to share the love and create your own personal lens network. List your friends' lenses, relevant lenses on your topic, or even link to other lenses by you!"

I want to add Green Computing - Cutting Your PC's Carbon Footprint to a Lensroll on my lens:
Camping & Hiking Equipment

If I`d clicked the box next to Camping & Hiking Equipment then clicked, I think it says `Proceed` that would have been done, and it would be added to my own lens.

Temi, to lensroll other lenses you have to visit the lens, in the centre (in my opinion badly placed) column there is a yellow star marked 'lensroll', click this and then select which of your lenses you want to 'roll' it to.
Hope that helps.

Ah, Temi, I just clicked on your thumbnail. All you have to do is tick the box(es) next to your lens(es), then `proceed` and it`s done. No need to click on my image.

banners
Back