The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Questions about ?Local SEO????

krissty

affiliate
I have my own website but have never been able to place top 10 in the search engines. I have read about SEO and even tried to optimize to achieve better positioning without any results.
Can anyone point me to the right direction? I really don't know what I am doing wrong. I am not a professional developer, I am self taught, but have been writing html for years.

Any help will be greatly appreciated..

Hi darren95al,

Your title said Local SEO but in your post you didn't say anything about local. So are you trying to rank for City + Keywords - Like San Diego Web Design?

If so, local searches are less competitive so easier to rank for than say Web Design in general would be. But depending on your keywords it still may be very competitive.

Do a Google search like this: allintitle:"keyword phrase" (keywords in "quotes").
Example: allintitle:"San Diego Web Design" Then tell me how many competing pages there are.

The bottom line is this. Lets say there are only 500, which is very low. Even if all those pages were built by SEO pros, they can't ALL be in the top 10, so even some of the well optimized pages are going to have to land on page 5 or whatever.

Take a look at this helpful SEO cheat sheet.
http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5...s-search-engine-optimization-cheat-sheet.html

Then use it to analyze your page and be sure you have all the bases covered.

THEN to try to get in the top 10, do the allintitle:"key phrase" Google search and reverse engineer. Look at the #1 page and analyze it. How many backlinks? Check out, meta title, title, keyword density and other factors. Then do the same with the #2,3,4 ranked pages. This will give you an idea what you need to do to beat them or at least get higher.

2 most important points I can give you...

1) Well targeted inbound links are probably what's missing if all your on-page SEO is good. Links count a lot these days.

2) Really check how competitive the term is. If it's uber competitive you may never get in the top 100 even, but if you know how competitive it is,
you won't feel as bad about not being in the top 10.
:p

If you find there is one part of SEO you don't understand, just ask and we'll try to give you more specific info about that part.

What have you beein doing to your site in terms of SEO? Where do you build your backlinks? Are the keywords you are trying to rank for have a lot of competition? These are just some factors you should have included in your post so we can help you better buddy ;)

banners
Back