“Adavice”/  “1Win

PPC or SEO? What Is Your Favourite

PPC or SEO?

• PPC

Votes: 27 67.5%
  • SEO

Votes: 13 32.5%

• Total voters
@seeqer you've given me something to think about, thanks. Had never tied social to being a backup for times when Google changes its algo.

I've only dabbled in social because it takes soooo much time to do it personally. But you've given me a different perspective.

SMSEO...have done a bit of it, didn't know it had that name, makes sense though.

I like both SEO and PPC,

Why?
In SEO, you will get targeted traffic if you get first-page ranking and costing is much less than PPC. Many people say that your hard work goes in vain due to Google penalty, but I will say that if you follow white hat method then there is no problem of any penalty. If you follow general traffic rules then why do you fear of any kinds of penalty.

We generally look for a short term. We want good traffic, high profit with no time. That's why people try other sources where they can rank their site fast. That point of time you invite problems for your site.

Otherwise, I don't think there is any problem with SEO. We are offering SEO for our clients for last 7 years but not faced any problem. Some here and there ups and downs are there, but that is short term if you follow white hat SEO method.

Why PPC?

It is fast, effective, targeted. We use Google AdWords and Bing as our main paid traffic source. As per my understanding, there is no point of searching for the different traffic source. You just concentrate on Adwords and Bing, you can generate tons of targeted traffic for your LP.

I always like PPC. SEO is time consuming as well as you have to take care a lots of thing in order to get targeted visitors. On the other hand PPC is like a business to me. I invest to get profit from it.

I always like PPC. SEO is time consuming as well as you have to take care a lots of thing in order to get targeted visitors. On the other hand PPC is like a business to me. I invest to get profit from it.

It is your business. :)

This should not be a question. When you want to promote something on the internet you should think more like seo AND ppc.
SEO is the backbone of IM, it will bring you a steady amount of traffic in the long run if you do it right. But, there are times, when you need to increase your traffic for a period of time, maybe you want to promote a new product, a discount sale or any other thing. This is where the PPC campaign comes in and helps you

I personally like SEO because it takes time but in a long run I'll get benefit year after year :).
Hi Joshua, I am deeply in love with SEO. The reason being, it brings results to which i can testify upon. I have been working on SEO related contracts and they have all ended in a success. As I stand today, more website are now on the first page of google through this greater tool, SEO. I can just say that if you want to improve the visibility of your website, then you need to be sure that you are doing well in this are.

SEO = long term business strategy
PPC = short term sales to raise cash, and/or branding/lead gen to support SEO

Seems to me that a blend is perfect, really.

I have some good experience with Bing ads but I haven't made any money from it. Now running a campaign and hope I will be profitable this time. SEO is the best, but if you can find a good product, write a high converting review page, drive PPC traffic to it you then can make lots of money.

SEO costs nothing

Depends on how you look at it. Ok, SEO can just you nothing in dollars and cents but like the famous quote "Time is money" I would disagree and say that SEO cost money even if i you don´t spend money. As any business you calculate your resources and usually your money in time.

So far, PPC has a big lead in the poll. Unless we get a flood of diehard SEO'ers, I think it's going to be the winner. :)

If you can do SEO work yourself, it wouldn't be as costly. However, like a previous poster said, PPC can give instant results. I guess it depends on your budget, and or your knowledge of SEO.

I like SEO over PPC. This is because SEO is much easier if you target long tail keywords as well as you'll get targeted people in your niche without or very less amount of cost.

PPC for sure! The greatest benefits in my opinion are: fast data, specific targeting and control about your cost and earnings. With the right focus, goals and strategy you are able to earn a lot of money.

If we are talking about the right "online marketing strategy", you have to develop one with all online channels.;-)

banners
Back