“Propeller”/  MyBid

PPC or SEO? What Is Your Favourite

PPC or SEO?

• PPC

Votes: 27 67.5%
  • SEO

Votes: 13 32.5%

• Total voters
With thе briеf еxplаnаtiоn аbоvе, it sоunds likе SЕО is thе оbviоus winnеr. Аnd fоr mаny rеаsоns thаt wе wоn't gо intо hеrе, SЕО is impоrtаnt еvеn if yоu'rе running а PPС саmpаign. Thе singlе mаjоr аdvаntаgе оf SЕО is, stаtistiсаlly, it brings yоu highеr quаlity trаffiс аnd mоrе trusting lеаds. In fасt, mаny sеаrсhеrs hаvе subсоnsсiоusly trаinеd thеmsеlvеs tо ignоrе "pаid rеsults" еntirеly whеn brоwsing thе wеb оr sеаrсhing оn Gооglе.

Thеrе аrе mоuntаins оf dаtа thаt suggеst "Nаturаl Sеаrсh" visitоrs tо yоur wеbsitе аrе fаr mоrе likеly tо trust yоu, yоur businеss, аnd yоur prоduсts & sеrviсеs. Rаnking highly in Gооglе fоr а kеywоrd оr phrаsе is а сlеаr sign thаt yоu аrе а сrеdiblе sоurсе аnd thаt yоu аrе аn impоrtаnt plаyеr in yоur industry. Thеsе аrе а соuplе оf thе signifiсаnt аdvаntаgеs tо оrgаniс SЕО.

...it sоunds likе SЕО is thе оbviоus winnеr

Our poll shows that members prefer PPC, at least so far.

As I type this, the numbers are:
  1. PPC
    17 vote(s)
    77.3%
  2. SEO
    5 vote(s)
    22.7%
Thеrе аrе mоuntаins оf dаtа thаt suggеst "Nаturаl Sеаrсh" visitоrs tо yоur wеbsitе аrе fаr mоrе likеly tо trust yоu, yоur businеss, аnd yоur prоduсts & sеrviсеs. Rаnking highly in Gооglе fоr а kеywоrd оr phrаsе is а сlеаr sign thаt yоu аrе а сrеdiblе sоurсе аnd thаt yоu аrе аn impоrtаnt plаyеr in yоur industry. Thеsе аrе а соuplе оf thе signifiсаnt аdvаntаgеs tо оrgаniс SЕО.

I agree and I think there is an important place for SEO in online businesses. But I still prefer the speed of PPC. :)

I prefer PPC since they can be more targeted and you can witness results fast. I also like the abundance of information you can get through Google Analytics to know more about your target audience.

SEO is better than anything. If PPC if you stop promoting then you couldn't get any traffic. But for SEO, you'll get traffic for a life time.

SEO is better than anything. If PPC if you stop promoting then you couldn't get any traffic. But for SEO, you'll get traffic for a life time.

True, SEO is long-term and an investment (if not money then time). That's why I personally think a SEO/PPC combo is a fun (and potentially profitable) balance. :)

On the other side, with SEO you can be slapped at any time by Google for some reason.
I work in SEO since many years and I can't remember how many times I saw unfair penalty.
These days, I don't think SEO is a reliable traffic source anymore.

You know the old saying about never putting all your eggs in one basket. :)

I can't agree more on that with you.
During 5 years, I owned an ecommerce store, I was in the top 3 positions for all my keywords. Everything was great, life was easier etc...
All of a sudden I decreased for no particular reason and in a matter of weeks I wasn't visible anymore.
The main problem was that I focused only on SEO and Google was 95% of my traffic letting me nothing to live after that.

I learned the hard way and now try to stay as far as possible of Google.
I continue to optimize my sites but I see it more like a bonus than anything else.

On the other side, with SEO you can be slapped at any time by Google for some reason.
I work in SEO since many years and I can't remember how many times I saw unfair penalty.
These days, I don't think SEO is a reliable traffic source anymore.
People are always thinking about Google penalty, but if you only follow some rules which are quite easy, then there are no chance to get penalized by Google. On the other hand, we have another two giant search engine Bing and Yahoo. Besides PPC is costly and sometimes you don't get enough profit.

People are always thinking about Google penalty, but if you only follow some rules which are quite easy, then there are no chance to get penalized by Google.

People always thinking about penalties because they are the biggest concern in SEO since 2012.
I can sit here all day and show you countless sites penalized for no great reason.
It's a sad reality more and more webmasters are experiencing over time and it's not going to get easier in the future.
However, I respect your opinion, I was like you many years ago.

Besides PPC is costly and sometimes you don't get enough profit.

That's why we are all here, to learn and master paid traffic sources. :)

I can sit here all day and show you countless sites penalized for no great reason.
It's a sad reality more and more webmasters are experiencing over time and it's not going to get easier in the future.

I can honestly say that I try not to play that game anymore, firmly believe that we should publish content for our readers, NOT an algorithm.

I'm not saying totally ignore it but if I have to pick between creating content that will hit home with my target audience and something different that will appease G, Google loses. And no, I don't lose. Readers will read and G still indexes my stuff. I tag and meta describe accurately and appropriately - be damned the rest. I feel like a wordsmith contortionist if I try to conform to the latest vague Google animal rules. I have no tolerance for it.

</rant> :)

It's just my opinion but I think SEO for a long term investment (site, blog) and PPC for ad campaigns.

SEO costs time, and time is more valuable than money

Very true. People forget to think of it that way sometimes.

That being said, for those without financial resources, it gives them a chance to 'get in the game'. It also serves as a learning tool. It's always good to know how these things work. That way, when the time comes to outsource, you'll know if the finished product or service is done correctly.

banners
Back