The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Over SEO?? Do you know this Term?? You Should!!

LinkHunter

affiliate
People like me that are into SEO and the Little Green Meter just witnessed a blood bath in the last 1-2 weeks in the Q4 Goog Update and there are reasons that Goog did what they did!! The opinions have been flying around All over the Internet as to why why this happened and there are many different opinions out there!!

The term Over SEO is a very popular term that comes in to play in promoting a website and I was just curious to know if anyone knows what it means??

I would like to open this discussion and hopefully we can determine that OVER SEO was the reason for this masacure to occur!!

Oh, and if you were thinking that Directories are now a Bad Thing, guess again!! We can determine this as well!!

Anyone care to discuss?? What is Over SEO??

I personally think what happen is a good thing for Google search result, lets be honest, most of the directories are really not of any use to internet users, they are mainly used to get backlinks so as to have unfair advantage in SERPs only a fraction of Google user know of their existence... this reminds me of an article I wrote for PHPLD a year or so ago: Your Directory: Web Catalogue or a Link Farm? :: php Link Directory

... I don't think over SEO is the problem its over linking from poor quality sites/directories is the problem. All my site with quality backlinks that do not come from directories did get good PR and the one that were over dependent of directories fall.... I think its fair.

... I don't think over SEO is the problem its over linking from poor quality sites/directories is the problem. All my site with quality backlinks that do not come from directories did get good PR and the one that were over dependent of directories fall.... I think its fair.

I agree with you on your point of view for sure!!

The fact is that there are many quality directories out there that promote from the right angle though!! I did take a hit on one of our directories and the reason is, I did what some of the other biggies did such as Aviva, Alive and Big WL, and proved Fatal!! I do have a few that are very well respected as do you I believe that did excellent in Q4 because of the promotion angle and management!!

I know one thing, you need to be very selective where you place a valuable site!!

SEO to me is Search Engine Optimization which DOES Not Mean how many links you can obtain and what PR you can accomplish, it goes much deeper than that!!

The successful elements in SEO to me are:

1. Relevance in your site as far as the content that you promote, which needs to be relevant with your Meta section as far as what you are telling the SERPS that you represent.

2. Aquiring top quality contacts (Links) for your site whether it be for PR or term position!

3. Human managed to keep the quality up as far as deleting spam and other types of thing! The spiders constantly see what you do in a site and they also see when you delete crap from your site which in my opinion is a good thing!! it shows that someone is manning the ship!!

4. Secret Sauce which is personal from one SEO tech to another, I can't tell you EVERYTHING....ha ha

Bottom line, if there is too much promotion form a site or if you aplly 9 million links to a site all at once, in my opinion you will DIE!

SEO is like weight lifting to me, you need to pace yourself and make your excercises good quality ones to start with but the most important thing is to NOT do your excercises everyday because your muscles will not have time to grow!! If you excercise yourself every single day it will HURT you!!

This is the case in SEO also, and the whole reason that the Big Directories got it so to speak is because they appeared to be manipulating the search engines with their SEO tactics and/or promoting manipulation for people purchasing spots in their site!!

I thought at first that it was Goog attacking sites that sold advertisng links but that was not the case at all in my opinion!! It was the fact that they manipulated their own site in the engines with Mass Linking!! I think anyways!!

LinkHunter, you response is so detailed, its like a mini SEO article, I have dugg it. Excellent response LH, rep added as well.

I'm sorry that I wasn't more clear!

Was it that you don't get it, or that you do not agree??

Just trying to help!

Sorry if I offended you I didn't mean to :(

I don't agree with point 2 mainly, and also I love the 'secret sauce' reference, it made me giggle that's all.

banners
Back