The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Newbie With Some Questions :)

valid48

affiliate
First Post!

First of all, i'd like to say 5star is a great forum and i've learned lots. Anyway, I understand one of the processes of starting an affiliate site is to look at a program and then build a site based off of it hoping to get clicks, sales, "actions", etc. BUT!, I also noticed affiliate networks ask you to submit your site for review and that high traffic/quality is needed to be accepted. So can anyone clarify for me? Is it difficult to get into affiliate networks? Where is my starting point? I'm currently playing with joomla and I understand how to use it fairly well.
Thanks for your help in advance. This is a really great forum.

My name is Andrew btw :)

Hi Andrew, welcome.

"Anyway, I understand one of the processes of starting an affiliate site is to look at a program and then build a site based off of it"

Actually I think a better way to start is to 1st fine a niche. Build a site around the niche topic and write articles FOR the type of people that would be interested in that niche.

Then after you build up some good content (which is what is going to attract search engines and visitors) you find an affiliate product or some products that fit the niche.

So pick a niche >> generate content >> build traffic >> then add affiliate program.

I'd read the stickies in our newbie forum for general help about getting started, then the stickies in the niche forum for help finding your 1st niche. Picking the right niche is KEY. You need to find one that has some interest yet is not too competitive.

Hope this helps!

MI
Back