The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Newbie questions!!!

tjstogy

affiliate
Hi all, a couple of newbie questions. If I have a site that I am selling my ebook on, am I both the merchant and the affiliate? What would I use for payment processing of this ebook? Another question, if people have these inexpensive ebooks that they make, and put them on say, clickbank for other people to sell.... why don't they simply skip the process of paying affiliates and make their own website instead? Another question: Is there advertising for affiliates on Facebook? Would it be worth the cost for a $10 ebook?

Hi tjstogy,

Welcome to 5 Star. Thanks for joining us.

I don't really deal with the ebook side of affiliate marketing but can answer a couple of your questions.

For payment processing as well as running an ebook affiliate program most people just use Clickbank.

"why don't they simply skip the process of paying affiliates and make their own website instead?"

Well you could sell it all by yourself. You - one person. Or you could have hundreds of affiliates helping you sell it to their visitors and their lists. All those affiliates could get your book in front of lots of people who maybe would never see it otherwise.

"Is there advertising for affiliates on Facebook?"

Yes

"Would it be worth the cost for a $10 ebook?"

Not sure. Would depend in part on the subject of the book and how tightly you could target to your niche. But aside from that I think FB conversions are very very low. People are there to network with friends not to buy stuff for the most part.

ok for payment processing i would choose google if in the us . however pay pal and alert pay are also the top choice. if you are just promoting your own ebook for 10 dollars then i would suggest using payloadz since they will give you a 30 day trial and you will have your own affiliate program set up for you to track those selling your book for you.

Out of curiosity, why Google Checkout over Paypal? I would think more people have Paypal accounts...

well to be honest pay pal is the best however for beginners Google checkout is good since it provide delivery of digital goods after payment instead of pay pals third party services that charge. if delivery of products is not an issue then i would suggest pay-pal

well to be honest pay pal is the best however for beginners Google checkout is good since it provide delivery of digital goods after payment instead of pay pals third party services that charge. if delivery of products is not an issue then i would suggest pay-pal

Actually, I have used Paypal for digital deliveries too.

yes but they do not offer one that is through them they are all third parties an have a charge unless your site is designed to do it

MI
Back