The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

New to affiliate marketing!

reh407

affiliate
Several months ago I did a search on "how to make money on the internet without a website." What came up absolutely captured my imagination.

I was amazed! Affiliate marketing is a facinating field. Information service, especially (almost exclusively) on the internet, is the way of the future. Anyone not prepared for it could be left behind.

Thank you for this venue where "newbies" like me can learn and express their ideas.

reh407 :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Affiliate marketing is great

However it is probably easier to achieve a sale if you are marketing from your own website or blog

Just my opinion

Excited about affiliate marketing!

Hey Niche,

Thanks for your response! I feel affiliate market can be great. My wife is very skeptical and disagrees.

While still researching, having a website or blog seems to be the place to market.
I feel that affiliate marketing can be profitable, but, realistically I know that it is not a "get-rich-quick job." Many portray it as such.

As of yet, I am still researching and have not jumped into the pond yet, so to speak. I want to find a niche that interests me, and click bank is a good source of products to promote for a ton of niches. Personally, how do you go about finding a niche?

When one is just starting out they do not have alot of $, so I want to begin simply and build on a solid foundation. One of the strategies that has been floating around in my head includes writing articles for an ezine and use that to funnel a prospect to a blog, squidoo, or website. What do you think?

In my research I ran across a site called Digg.com. Have you heard of it?

I am a very cautious person. There are a lot of spiders on the web that can catch an unwary fly if he/she is not careful (pardon the analogy). I have read many horror stories of unwary newbies (like me) that have spent 100's even 1,000's and still have not made a sale. That is sad! Disallusionment and discouragement are killers in any avenue of life; I want to be careful!

I am still learning about blogs and squidoo. Would you believe (I am embarassed to say this) when I signed up for this forum I felt like a calf looking at a new gate. Where do I go from here? How do I get involved? How do I ask a question? So I hit a button and presto a screen came up and the rest is history.

Subscribing to this forum was a good thing. One can puruse the posts, ask quesitons, learn (what to do and not to do) and apply. Thank you for your input! Looking forward to more interaction not only from you but others.

I did not mean to write a novel. I just have sooooo many questions and only a few ideas, but I know that I want to affiliate market.

Thanks again,
REH407 :)

Hi reh407,

Welcome to 5 Star. Sounds like you are starting off with a very realistic attitude, that's good.

Before you start thinking about a niche, I'd read the stickies in the newbie forum to get a little more grounding as far as how to get started.

Then the most important thing is finding a good niche that's not too competitive.
The stickies in the niche forum have lots of tips and tools to help you do the niche research part.

Affiliate marketing IS great. What it is not is fast, easy, or automatic. It is work, despite all of the books and articles that suggest that you can get rich overnight.

It's worth it.

Charlie

Thanks Charlie,

In my research I see two sides to the issue of fast, easy money. Most almost guarantee a rewarding quick income. I suppose one could get "lucky", but most probably, for a newbie, it would be by accident.

The other side stresses the hard work ethic. This is the most realistic attitude to have. Someone once said, "If its too good to be true...it probably is." That is an old cliche I know. But it is a truism just the same.

While in college and grad school, I learned there were two ways to write papers. The easiest was to cheat; the hardest was to burn the midnight oil. I believe, even if one has not gone past high school, all of us have learned that fact.

I appreciate this forum and have begun research here for tips and resources that will help build a solid marketing model.

One thing that stopped me dead in my tracks is this issue with clickbank. Read a bunch of comments from the members; this seems to be a problem.

I had a bad experience with an experiment several months ago. It involved someone who had a program to download music and movies for a fee. As the affiliate marketer, I referred an acquaintance. Never saw a dime, in fact once contacted by my friend they led him to another site.

Can someone shed a little light on this? Cloaking an affiliate link is another topic discussed here, but for a beginner with no programing experience the comments and advice can be somewhat daunting.

Thanks,
REH407

Its great that you are researching and really knowing your stuff before you start. Be careful however that you don't fall into the trap of only researching. For learning how to do this, you will do most of your learning once you jump in and get started.

As for cloaking, some networks frown on it, others don't care. However, google and some other search engines might give you a hit for doing it. Or so I have heard.

good luck in your quest. I am new to affiliate marketing, but I am having great fun learning the do's and don'ts. You have to figure out what is right for you. But read everything, and than read it again.

It is fasinating, and a little scary in the beginning, but just keep driving foward.

MI
Back