The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

My passion is...

waller38

affiliate
Cars!!! Particularly classic muscle cars. I'm just not so sure there are really affiliate markets out that that can suit me. My goal is to start a web page, something like a forum or club, that is strictly about muscle cars. So I would need to find an affiliate program that is for sales of classic automotive parts. I've done some research today on it, but I'm just not so sure that this would be a good niche. I also like working with computers as far as networking them and home networks. I'm fairly knowledgeable on that subject and it can be fun. My main passion is really racing and classic cars. So any advice or comments on what I just said would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance to anyone that comments! :D

Jon

waller38, I think that's great that cars, specifically muscle cars are your passion. There is definitely a market for that!

I would research other sites that are about muscle cars. If you find a lot about that, than you have your answer. Go for the gusto!

Hi waller38,

I don't know much about classic muscle cars but I think you can give your niche a try. I found that there is only 173,000 sites on google about "air conditioning for classic muscle cars". compare to 707,000 sites about "classic muscle cars".

Still if I were you, I will start with a blog instead of forum unless you have some knowledge about how to do that. Because starting a forum need a lot of work and management.

Start your blog, build your readers base and do affiliate marketing from there. Gather more experience and classic muscle cars fans before you start your forum.

I hope that helps. :D

Yup, that definitely sounds like a niche! And may even be a tough one. I'm sure you'll find an auto parts affiliate program out there, it just may take some time.

The bottom line is, having a site that you are passionate about, and you will enjoy all the work!

And if you don't find a classic car parts affiliate, just make the site informative and provide other items that may interest the classic car enthusiast. :D

Cars!!! Particularly classic muscle cars. I'm just not so sure there are really affiliate markets out that that can suit me. My goal is to start a web page, something like a forum or club, that is strictly about muscle cars. So I would need to find an affiliate program that is for sales of classic automotive parts. I've done some research today on it, but I'm just not so sure that this would be a good niche. I also like working with computers as far as networking them and home networks. I'm fairly knowledgeable on that subject and it can be fun. My main passion is really racing and classic cars. So any advice or comments on what I just said would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance to anyone that comments! :D

Hi Jon,

I agree with mwong, I'd start with a blog. Forums are EXTREMELY hard to build if you start from scratch. No one wants to post on a dead forum and you can't get members to post until you're busier, but you can't get busier until you get members. It's just a catch 22.

Start with a free blog or blogger or a Hub Page or ideally buy and domain and start your own site.

HERE'S AN IDEA (not saying it's right for you, just thinking outside the box a little)

What if instead of a plain old blog you did a classic car review site - like this affiliate network comparison/review blog. AFFpinions It's created with this WordPress software: http://www.wpreviewsite.com/

Then have ads for classic car parts or whatever in the sidebar and footer.

As far as affiliate programs - I used to know affiliates that promoted JC. Whitney and Eastwood.
Here's a good list of other car related affiliate programs.
Car Parts & Accessories Affiliate Program Listings

Hope this helps and best of luck!

Last edited by a moderator:

Jon

Sounds like my type of niche. A muscle car forum or something similar would go down well I think - the world over.Just make sure you have a shelby mustang section!

If anyone is interested in that wpreviewsite.com plugin, I know Dan and he's offering a $20 discount for 5 Star members. Let me know if you're interested and I'll give you the discount code.

Hi everyone, I'm Dan, I noticed the mention of my latest plugin so thought I'd register here. I've been here before, since I know Linda from a few other forums, just haven't had anything to say yet :)

I think you should stick with what you love. You'll have a lot of fun with a website about your passion even if you don't immediately monetize it. The review site idea is good I think since this is a subject a lot of people are passionate about (my Dad would love it, he's constantly on ebay trying to buy up these kinds of cars, when he can afford it, then tries to restore them some and sell so he can buy another fun one). So a site that allows some interactivity would help those people become part of the community and they'll do some of the work of spreading the word for you.

That reminds me, eBay is a good affiliate program for this, since it's a great place to try to buy and sell classic cars and parts. I know he's bought some original parts off eBay to use when fixing an old one up. I don't know anything about working on cars, just saying what I've seen him do.

banners
Back