The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

My First Campaign with Adcash

For this kind of offer, I would run traffic for a whole month and then see start looking at where the conversions are coming from and optimise accordingly with sufficient data.

You said that you will run traffic for a whole month and then optimise. According to you what would be your budget/day and how much would you spend on the campaign before taking any decision?

Update till 11/19/2015:

Yesterday i ran traffic to the offer with the increased bid of $0.85 from $0.80, I run $21 worth of traffic with more than 25k+ impressions but didn't get conversion.

Till now my total spending is $70 with more than 85k+ impressions and 8 conversions(from first day traffic)

People say that if you bid low you'll get less impressions and your daily budget will not be spent fully. But, in this case i am getting the opposite. Maybe because Adcash works on RON traffic.

From here, where should i head to. I have checked with my AM and he recommended only this offer for pop under.

My problem is, since this is my first campaign i don't want to spend much on the data per day. I would want the data to be spread across 7 days so that i can decide in a better way.

In Adcash what is happening is money just runs out within no time. Yesterday, i ran the traffic for almost an hour and $21 was gone with more than 21k+ impressions. I didn't get the time to react properly, everything happened in a jiffy.

I was expecting the data to be spread throughout the day.

In Adcash you can only blacklist a zone and a zone is just denoted by a number. You can't know more than that.

Please help me decide what to do. Should i opt for another traffic source like Pop cash, Popads where the daily budget is less than Adcash and then invest in data or should i apply a different approach with Adcash and what would be the one?

Now i know why everybody says 'TAKE ACTION'. Once campaign teaches you so much and if you get good support and advice from your experiences affiliates/friends then your journey becomes smooth and enjoyable.

Last edited:
Do you understand who you market your offer to?

Affiliate marketing is about MARKETING and not crunching numbers.

Take a step back and think about your offer, target market and angles you can use. Then setup at least 5 different angles and see which one converts the best.

I see so many newbies make this exact same mistake. We are marketers and not accountants.

This should help you:
Angles are crucial... | Affiliate Marketing Forum | AffiliateFix

Follow Along: $200K Profit in 2016 Status: Preparing | Affiliate Marketing Forum | AffiliateFix

@jstiger : Yes, i understand whom i am marketing to. It's an online shopping offer and i am using pop under so i believe direct linking is the best option to do (angles are not req).
I am doing broad targeting and then will optimise accordingly.
If you were to work on this offer what targeting you'd have done?

so who is your customer? male? female? what is his age? which sites does he visit online? are there similar offers being promoted to him? how could you position your offer so it becomes a no-brainer to act?

angles are not required? I doubt that.

As I've explained in my angles post, angles segment your target market further down. The offer landing page won't appeal to everyone. So if you can't make it work you better create landers that each highlight different benefits of the offer or just position it differently for different segments of your target market.

Examples:
-best online shopping offer for men over 50
-best online shopping offer for women who like shoes
-best online shopping offer for stay at home moms

See how that works? Now you have an ad that becomes really appealing to a specific segment. If you don't use angles and just promote your offer to EVERYONE, it becomes much harder to craft such an appealing message.

Hope this helps.

@jstiger : The kind of targeting you are talking about works for banner ads.
Such kind of targeting and optimisation doesn't work in Adcash. There they just have an option to blacklist zones or you might come to know from which categories the impressions are coming from.

If anybody has experience of working with Adcash. Please help me out in optimising the campaign.

Hey jsid,
I see that my examples were a bit confusing, sorry about that. I just don't know you offer so I tried to explain it as best as I could.

The examples were just angle ideas like you could use pictures of men over 50 offering to buy ED pills (lol) or another angle might be pictures of women and shoes etc...

If you test multiple angles with your offer you will spot trends in your data to what angles work with what categories. but it helps to get an idea about your target market first before coming up with angles otherwise you can burn through a lot of money before finding that winning combo!

Hope this clarifies it!

Last edited by a moderator:
You said that you will run traffic for a whole month and then optimise. According to you what would be your budget/day and how much would you spend on the campaign before taking any decision?
The campaign your running has cookie for 30 days. Its not possible to optimize efficiently if your running traffic 1 day then stopping next day.
Another thing, you have to worry about is RevShare. Since your getting paid % of the sale the you make you can have 1 sale that brings a commission of $100 or $1.
For those reasons, you would need to run over 30 days since conversions will keep coming in till cookie expires i.e 30 days.
Before 30 days, you should be able spot some placements that working well others that are horrible.
Blacklist the horrible ones and create a white list campaign with the profitable ones.

IMO stick to offers where your getting paid fixed CPA instead of rev-share e-commerce offers since you can start optimizing faster without needing a huge budget just my 2 cents.
You can get a conversions from traffic you ran on day 1 till day 30 - this kind of campaign will require gathering a lot of data before you can make decisions on optimizing.

As for daily budget, it depends what your comfortable with spending.

That's a constructive feedback that the @adcash_team should take into consideration - i.e. send email notifications when campaign is approved.
Regarding tracking the performances: you can obviously pass their publiher id parameter to your affiliate network subid so you can see which traffic segment converted and see what didn't work. For that you dont necessarily need the adcash postback. But in order to avoid extra work, you should probably be using a tracking software so you can have better control on the campaign and get more analytics data. Testing a traffic source with 100$ is very challenging, so you should gear up with the right tools so you can extract as much info as possible and as quickly as possible.

Considering that you are pushing on popunder, one thing you should definitely do is ab test several offers in the same vertical and from several affiliate networks. I've seen so many traffic sources work for one offer and not for an other, that not rotating offers can lead to misinterpretation of traffic quality and eventually to decisions made based on insufficient intel.

Working with a tracking software can seem sometimes complex, but in fact it can take less than an hour to understand the functionalities and workflows. You can check ours (trackingdesk.com) which is currently free.

Good luck!

That's a constructive feedback that the @adcash_team should take into consideration - i.e. send email notifications when campaign is approved.

Thanks, there is email notification when campaign is approved, it is also possible to set up whether campaign after the validation should be running or paused. We are looking into ways how we can further improve experience with the platform to avoid misunderstanding.

@adcash_team : Please work on your website, your functionalities are not working properly. I was tester in the past and i found too many bugs in an hour of browsing.
Your UI looks fine, but your backend needs a lot of work.

@internalsoul : Hey!! Thanks for asking :)

I have been running similar offers and collecting data. I have blacklisted and whitelisted some placements and now i am running traffic only from these placements which gave me conversions. I will be running the traffic for a while and see if i get more conversions or not.
In the meanwhile trying to know more about the traffic source. Right now i am using Popads and Adcash.

Since the cookie period of the offers are 30 days, will have to wait for a month to see whether the campaign is a success or not.

MI
Back