The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

My First 7 Search Campaign

mootonandy

affiliate
I am a few days in on my campaign. Currently spending $4.34 per day to make $2.80.

I only have 3 keywords that convert so far, so I am thinking that I need to keep those keywords but block the traffic sources that have that keyword but no conversions?

My CPA report is in the format:

KEYWORD-NUMBER-NUMBER-NUMBER

or

KEYWORD-NUMBER-NUMBER-NUMBER-NUMBER

Just a quick update. I have finally got my Prosper202 set up and looks to be working correctly. I am just trying to gather enough data to get the right RIDs blocked. But there are a few AFFIDs who have a lot of RIDs also, so it could end up costing quite a bit to obtain enough data. Just have to see what happens.

Just blocked another SUBID that was not converting. I have decided that average CPC multiplied by number of clicks is a good indication of when I should think about blocking.

My average CPC is at $0.06 and my payout is $1.40. So 140/6 is about 23. So I am now thinking I can afford to get up to 23 clicks from a SUBID before I should think about banning it. Seems a bit more reasoned than just waiting for about 50 clicks.

I'm a newbie, but if there's one thing I've read around here it's that you have to lose some money to learn how to gain money, and statistically, a sample-size of 23 clicks is nothing. Statistically, basing any research on a sample size that low would be plain wrong. Be prepared to pay for the lesson of finding out if the subid is working or not, or if it's just a matter of the "wrong" traffic.

If you're willing to get at least 100 clicks, and the conversion rate is still low, then you've only spent $6 in research money, but you have a much larger spectrum of click-behavior to base your knowledge on. If the real conversion rate is, lets say 5% (which would be a $7 income on $6 spent), then you'd see 5 clicks in a hundred. Given a 100-click spectrum, you don't know where those 5 will land, maybe in the middle, maybe in the end, but there's nothing that says they'll come spread out in a structured manner, so if you only let it ride for 23 clicks, then you might miss that 1 that would statistically give you money - and you'd give up.

See what I mean? Not sure I made sense, but the bottom line is that 23 is way too few to judge the value of a campaign.

I'm a newbie, but if there's one thing I've read around here it's that you have to lose some money to learn how to gain money, and statistically, a sample-size of 23 clicks is nothing. Statistically, basing any research on a sample size that low would be plain wrong. Be prepared to pay for the lesson of finding out if the subid is working or not, or if it's just a matter of the "wrong" traffic.

If you're willing to get at least 100 clicks, and the conversion rate is still low, then you've only spent $6 in research money, but you have a much larger spectrum of click-behavior to base your knowledge on. If the real conversion rate is, lets say 5% (which would be a $7 income on $6 spent), then you'd see 5 clicks in a hundred. Given a 100-click spectrum, you don't know where those 5 will land, maybe in the middle, maybe in the end, but there's nothing that says they'll come spread out in a structured manner, so if you only let it ride for 23 clicks, then you might miss that 1 that would statistically give you money - and you'd give up.

See what I mean? Not sure I made sense, but the bottom line is that 23 is way too few to judge the value of a campaign.

I see what you mean, but im not blocking the affiliate, but just one of his sites. I am still allowing more traffic from him.

This strategy is showing signs of working. One conversion yesterday at $1.40 with a campaign cost of about $2.80 a day, down from about $6 a day.

I had my first day of profit yesterday. Spent 0.88 to make 1.40. But too early to tell if its going to be consistent. Someone told me to also block keywords that did not convert. But I am not sure if I have enough data on certain keywords yet.

I see what you mean, but im not blocking the affiliate, but just one of his sites. I am still allowing more traffic from him.

May I know how to block one of his site? They have different RIDs for the one site. Is there any way for me to block base on that reference site? I am using 7search. Thanks

May I know how to block one of his site? They have different RIDs for the one site. Is there any way for me to block base on that reference site? I am using 7search. Thanks

Are you using prosper 202 or any other keyword tracker? You have to ask 7 search to activate blocking subids at campaign level.

The amount of clicks I have been getting has gone down a lot. My bids are looking ok, so it might be I need to change my ad copy - 7 search is experiencing low volume.
Is anyone else who is using 7 search having the same issue?

banners
Back