monetizer expertmobi
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Moving Blog Content Without Flagging for Plagiarism

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimisation' started by pinkeyedjim, Nov 8, 2015.

1. pinkeyedjim

pinkeyedjim Affiliate affiliate

So I've got a Blogger blog, and I'd like to start another blog on my own domain using Wordpress. The problem is, I'd like to use some of the content I've already written on my Blogger blog in my new blog, and post it piecemeal.

Is there a good way to do this without getting one or both domains nerfed by Google for plagiarism?

2. monetizer
  3. T J Tutor

T J Tutor Administrator Administrator moderator affiliate

If you own the content, it won't be plagerizing.

pla·gia·rism
    ˈplājəˌrizəm/
    noun
    1. the practice of taking someone else's work or ideas and passing them off as one's own.
      synonyms: copying, infringement of copyright, piracy, theft, stealing;
      informalcribbing

3 people like this.
  4. pinkeyedjim

Ok so I misspoke. I'd rather not have it get flagged as duplicate content and suffer the SEO nerf that comes with that.

Sure I wouldn't be plagiarizing myself, so I'm not worried about copyright claims or anything.

I just don't want Google to flag my new blog as an aggregator or autoblog because of the duplicate content.

5. Vendzilla

Vendzilla Affiliate affiliate

Use a Canonical link, that's what it's for

2 people like this.
  6. T J Tutor

T J Tutor Administrator Administrator moderator affiliate

Yep, either use the Canonical Link (Yoast's Article on the use of canonicals.), or you can rewrite the content, which is what i do.

2 people like this.
  7. pinkeyedjim

Thank You! This is the first time I've heard of rel=canonical, but you're right, it's exactly what I needed.

8. Dewlance

Dewlance Affiliate affiliate

I simply remove original article and then crawl deleted link in my google dashboard. Once done then copy-paste your article to your new blog and crawl in google.

Google will mark 404 or you can remove original article and replace it with text like moved to this link.

Also I was read that google does not punish for duplicate content(Specially If you are author of your content)

2 people like this.
  9. Vendzilla

Vendzilla Affiliate affiliate

I was working for an adult webcam company and for affiliate tools we had white label sites. They allowed affiliates to have their own branded web cam sites and part of the programming was to insert a Canonical link that told Google and others that the content came from one site. Some SEO hated that, I had a different approach. I built a custom splash page and did all my SEO on that page. I still had the canonical link, but for a while did pretty well with white labels

2 people like this.

Featured Resources (View All)

MI