The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Most Effective Marketing Methods with out a Marketing Budget

jtibble

affiliate
Hello, my name is Justin Tibble, I am the owner and founder of an ad supported online real estate marketing site that helps For Sale by Owners compete with homes that are listed with Realtors. Since we are a start-up and have yet to rec. any funding we have no marketing budget to speak of. My question is this: what can we do to drive quailty traffic to our site considering we don't have the money that will allow us to do any paid advertisement. Any feed back would be greatly app.

Hi Justin,

If your main concern is getting traffic to your site without any budget for PPC or paid placements, I would recommend starting with SEO. This means updating the content on your site to include the most relevant keywords that your targeted visitors will be searching for. It's free, you can learn easily how to do it through info posted on affiliate forums, and organic search traffic can bring visitors. It's not a quick fix, as it takes time to for the search engines to review your site, but it's free. :)

I'm a bit unclear as to whether you are a merchant yourself, or whether your site refers traffic to merchants. If you are a merchant/ecommerce site, you could also try listing your company in free online directories.

Cheers,

SEO is great, trying to get your company out there is also REALLY great.
That is, of course, without spamming.

I read this really good blog article on a random site that was entitled "How to get more referrals". Oh, okay i'm not allowed to post a link. But it's on this site called "LoudMo" and they have a blog (you could probably search it on google) and it's the second article down. I recommend you to read it!

Anyway, it really helps to get yourself noticed. Like they always say in Hollywood.
Networking is EVERYTHING.

there are definately plenty of ways to start to drive traffic to your site for free, as has already been mentioned do some searching for Free SEO Techniques on google and see what you come up with ;)

Oh, one more thing.
Don't know if you've heard of CPV advertising, but it's really CHEAP.
Advertisers can promote their site with popups/unders and interstitial ads (which, for some, could be annoying)
but, again, it's CHEAP.
Like $0.01 a view of your pop. So every time someone views your ad, you just pay one penny.

Hi there,

I work as a freelancer, and therefore get plenty of requests from people trying to drive traffic to their sites. Some of the things I've done are:

- Write marketing articles
- Write press releases
- Blog posting - not spam, but finding sites that relate to what you do, and posting a useful comment, with a link.
- Answering questions on Yahoo Questions.
- Find forums that relate to your target client, and post comments.
- Ads on free classified sites
- Give away a freebie. And advertise THAT through these types of sites.

All of those are things you could technically do yourself. The press release especially is effective, since they get syndicated. Then start building a list, and use email marketing - and of course, make sure that your email signature has details of your site - and a little advertising!

Ciao,

Tamara

banners
Back