“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Micro Niche Sites!

K

Administrator
Administrator
Internet Marketing Deals
High Converting Landing Pages | ConversionWise
anyone making money with them still?

it used to be the best way to get a nice steady income?

K is referring to monetizing a niche blog which has 1-2 posts and may be an exact match domain. Adsense could be used to earn money through it. But after the Google update micro niches have been negatively affected.

Well, authority sites rule now and if you have an exact match with low competition it still stands a chance. I have one which is on the first page of Google and has 6 articles. I use it to promote Amazon products.

K is referring to monetizing a niche blog which has 1-2 posts and may be an exact match domain. Adsense could be used to earn money through it. But after the Google update micro niches have been negatively affected.

Well, authority sites rule now and if you have an exact match with low competition it still stands a chance. I have one which is on the first page of Google and has 6 articles. I use it to promote Amazon products.

Nice what are the results like?

I've dabbled in the past... with no real success. I steered clear of the thin sites with just a few pages. I posted quality content regularly, did everything by the book, got to where I wanted to be in the rankings and.... no profits. Tried monetizing in several different ways, including building a list, but still nothing. This is over the course of 12 months, so I wasn't being unrealistic in my expectations either.

Anyway, my main niche site just got hit by the 'exact match domain' thing, so I think I can safely say I won't be wasting much more time on it.

Building niche sites is often the first method people hear about when they get into internet marketing and there was money to be made there a few years ago, I don't doubt it, but that was before Google started their onslaught and tweaked their algorithms massively. I can't say whether niche sites will still work today, having had no success myself, but I daresay the methods that were taught a few years ago will no longer work. New strategies are needed in my opinion.

anyone making money with them still?
it used to be the best way to get a nice steady income?
Without any doubt it´s still a very good and sure way, provided you have found a niche with low competition, but enough queries (about 3000 minimum)

One main article, and minimum two sub articles (= blog articles) are sufficient for a microsite + the main keyword in the domain name.

Yes, low competition is the precondition for a microsite. They are suitable for amazon products :)

I think they can still work and there should still be plenty of niches available for time to come, just have to get in those niches before they get congested obviously. Provide good content and you should be ok. Doesnt have to be over involved of course too

Doesnt have to be over involved of course too
This is the next big advantage of micro sites: Once set up one can let them run unchanged for a pretty long time.
Micro sites never require as much effort as an ongoing blog maintenance.
(A good content is of course always a fundamental condition.)

banners
Back