The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Marketing Your Business for Free: Youtube

jjarrett

Youtube is the third most visited site on the Internet with billions of page views each month, and they do one thing: video. They're a Google property, so anything you do there will do well in Google provided you do a few things.

The first thing I want to mention here is the keyword tool. When you are doing your keyword research, it's fine to use the Google Adwords Keyword tool to help you get ideas. However, if you want to use the right keyword tool for Youtube, you want to use the one on the Youtube site.

https://ads.youtube.com/keyword_tool

I won't get into the details of this keyword tool because it's pretty self explanatary. Instead, I'll write a different post on keyword tools and how to use them to get the most from them. (Make sure you do a search for this. It seems to change.)

First thing you want to do here is sign up for a Google account. Set up your profile, etc. and get everything in place. Then log into your Youtube account. Having these two accounts connected helps you because you can set up Youtube to automatically post to Google+. You can also connect your Facebook and Twitter accounts.

Now, once you have your acccount set up, you want to create videos. I usually do things like tutorials or site reviews for affiliate programs. To me, these are the easiest type of videos to do. You can see what I mean on my Youtube channel.

Jinger Jarrett - YouTube

Youtube also allows you to set up your channel, so make sure you set up it up. Add links to all your websites, a photo etc. I personally am skeptical of anyone who hides behind a profile. Be who you are. Throw it out there. You'll get criticized, but who cares? They're watching you and what you're doing, not what they're doing, and that's a competitive edge.

If you want to create videos that are easy to edit and convert, I use a free software most don't know about. It has a lot of features a lot of other free software doesn't, and if the free version isn't enough for you, upgrade.

Free screen recorder - BB FlashBack Express

Now, once you have a video, you want to write a keyword rich title, grab tags, and then write an article. You can make your article as long as you want, but the longer the better, and you want to make sure you use your keywords within the article title. Only use the keywords one or two times within your article. Don't keyword stuff. Youtube doesn't like it, and it won't help you.

With your titles think about good titles you have seen. Make it an attention grabber: a cross between a good article title and a sales letter headline. Keep it short, and don't forget your keyword.

Upload your video to the site. When you are posting your tags, make sure you put any tags that have more than one word in it in quotes. This will make it one tag.

Save a copy of your article without the title or tags as a transcript as you will add this later. Also, don't forget to put the link to your site at the very beginning of your description and then at the end with a call to action.

(If you want to understand how this works and see it in action, again, see how it's done on my channel.)

There are three tabs you need to be concerned with when working on your videos once you upload them. These are below your video in the editing section:

Basic Info
Monetization
Advanced Settings

The basic info is the information we covered: titles, tags, and descriptions. You should have this written before you upload your video and make sure you optimize it.

The monetization depends on you. Some of my videos, like Oliver's review, I didn't monetize because I don't want people clicking on ads. I want them to click through to his site. The way to do that is to leave off the ads.

Under the Advanced Settings, this is where you go to set copyright, embedding, and some other features. I recommend you make it so your video can be embedded and shared because this helps you in the search engines because the more times your video is embedded and shared, the more popular it becomes with Google. It's a feature that tells Google your video is popular.

Across the top, above your video, in the editing section is another menu. Here you will find:

Info and Settings
Enhancements
Audio
Annotations
Captions

If you completed the information above, this takes care of the Info and Settings. The Enhancements and Audio are new features Youtube has added that I haven't used, so I recommend you play with them and see how they will help you with your videos.

Annotations allow you to add the little bubbles to your video with different messages. Make sure you add a bubble that says to like and comment about 30 seconds into the video. Add one at the end to subscribe or send visitors to a website. Youtube allows you to add a link users can click.

Transcripts allow you to set the closed captioning and create a script here. You definitely want to check this and upload your transcript instead because Youtube usually garbles it. Or maybe because I'm Southern they just don't understand me!

Once you have your video set up, you want to market it. Embedding your video on other sites helps with raising your rankings in the search engines. Again, it's about popularity. Bookmark your videos and build backlinks to them. Write a post on your blog. Write articles. The point is, send traffic to your Youtube videos and get others to watch them.

Youtube has added a new section that I think is noteworthy, and I think you should take a look at it.

Build Fan Bases - YouTube

Google: http://www.cpafix.com/f20/marketing-your-business-internet-free-google-3406/
Facebook: http://www.cpafix.com/f32/marketing-facebook-3683/

Another great tutorial from you!

Btw, do you know a content spinning software for vids, any recommendations?

I don't know of a content spinning solution.

Video Article Robot is great for making videos out of articles. The ones I did with it actually got more views than some of the videos I did. After that, I really don't know. There's some pretty cool tools online to make video.

I wrote a short report and made a video series on Staged. If you're not good at doing video, this is the best solution, and you can get started for free.

You can download it here:

http://jingerjarrett.com/staged/staged.zip

The videos are on my Youtube channel.

Good luck,

Jinger :)

Another amazing post Jinger thank you. We want to see some content inside The Dojo also :)

Pretty good introduction to using YouTube for anyone who is not familiar. it is always good to put these out, even it is a refresher. Like i said in previous post concerning YT, It is always a good idea to have either used or bought the product or service you are reviewing. focus on entertainment as well as education. the longer a person lingers, the greater of a chance they will share the video. Need ideas?.....look at videos. Find some inside of your niche and see which ones are performing well or which ones make you "linger" once you find ones that does then ask yourself why questions....incorporate your answers into your own videos

banners
Back