The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

YouTube has almost 0 advertising growth now.

Graybeard

What happened --diminishing returns or very little new advertiser venture money?

The chart don't lie (it's from Google).

alphabet-results-youtube-advertising-growth.jpg

The article tries to explain it away

Increasing advertising spend in a bad economy is a mistake but is it that bad really?
The article says competition is a factor but if you are getting the ROI, ROAS or cumulative ROMI there is no reason to abandon the platform ...

I fear it's because of the growing importance of Tiktok, which is taking over Youtube. Might be a obvious observation, but I think ads are heading more and more on TT.
Note: TikTok has the HALF of the users of youtube, I think in one year the scenario will be completely different.

View attachment 32493

I fear it's because of the growing importance of Tiktok, which is taking over Youtube. Might be a obvious observation, but I think ads are heading more and more on TT.
Note: TikTok has the HALF of the users of youtube, I think in one year the scenario will be completely different.

View attachment 32493
Agreed!

(Mainly) due to TikTok the average attention span of online users has also greatly decreased. This will only get worse because TikTok provides users with instant new content of they swipe. YouTube is slower paced, with longer content. For the new generation YouTube is simply to slow.

So I truly believe that TikTok or Instagram Reels etc will take over the audience of YouTube in the long run. Including advertisers.

Thing is you are paying CPC pricing --correct?
So, the epc matters regardless of the traffic.
Maybe, it is a scaling problem? If the traffic is just not there you will look for greener pastures ...

It's interesting to see YouTube's advertising growth slowing down. From my experience, competition in the online advertising space has been fierce, and ROI matters a lot. If advertisers are still getting value from YouTube, they might stick around. Maybe it's just a phase, and things will pick up. However, it's better to combine your marketing strategy with

Last edited by a moderator:
banners
Back