The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Is there any scense to use multiple domais for the same site?

andreyknure

affiliate
Personally I saw many times the situation when several domains are used for the same website. A common sense can be easily understood when for example different domains are used to demonstrate website pages are presented in several languages! But personally I don?t understand for which purposes the same website is made available under different domains in other cases? What advantages can be taken from displaying a website under different domains?

I am not a big fan of having several domains pointing/redirecting to one site. Not that it has any major adverse effects on a site, it's just that your visitors may get confused on your real URL at some point.

What I always do is register any domains in the .com, .net, and .org to cover my branding.

If it's a domain that consists of 3 words or more, I also register them with and without dashes, for both the SE's and people I speak directly with.

Regards,

Tony

There are a couple of common sense reasons for using multiple domains all redirecting back to one main site. For one, you may be able to get customers who type in different domains than your main site. For example: If nike owned basketballshoes.com, then anyone going to basketballshoes.com would be redirected to nike. Nike might then be able to gain sales from that. Also, it can clear up confusion if your company has a couple of names, or aliases etc.

I think it is impossible to protect a brand using multiple domain for a website! For this purpose I would recommend you to hire a good lawyer!

banners
Back