The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Is rss feed important

I don't think RSS feeds help with SEO. RSS feeds are a part of blogging technology. The way to add RSS to a web site is to add a blog.

Even though RSS itself does nothing to help with SEO blogs do help because search engines like frequently updated content. But you should blog often, so it can be a lot of work.

Actually RSS can be a important tool for SEO. For one it gives you something else to submit to places you would normally not submit to, such as rss directories. These directories often list each update of your feed, giving some deeper one-way back links.

There are also many sites were you can plug in your feed, such as Mybloglog, even blogger has a widget, so many places. Here again, another place that lists each update of your feed for even more deeper back links from big powerful sites.

Many social networking sites produce feeds from your profile, which could be submitted to places such as pingoat and bring the SE's crawling faster.

Just a couple reasons to put some effort into your RSS feeds. It's done wonders for me.

Also RSS is not just for blogs. I added an RSS feed to my digital downloads store. Updates every time a new product is added. Many of my customers also keep updated about new products through my feed, plus no worry about it hitting the spam folder as with e-mail marketing.

RSS feeds are important, according to Jeff Johnson, who is a top internet marketer.

Shirley

RSS Feeds are Great For Ranking Fast

I create RSS feeds with aggregators, and submit them to RSS feed directories. I have found them to be very effective in ranking for long-tail keywords.

It's fast and easy too.

Carmen

I agree with firefly. You can use RSS feeds to increase your backlinks.

It is so easy with services like squidoo, hubpages, zimbio, etc. to use your RSS feeds to create more backlinks to your website, and to have your articles published all over the net.

And of course, there are RSS feed directories...more backlinks.

It is so easy with services like squidoo, hubpages, zimbio, etc. to use your RSS feeds to create more backlinks to your website, and to have your articles published all over the net.

What do you mean by this? (I've never made a squidoo page before.) Are you talking about having your RSS feed plug in to your account so that in your profile the latest blog post shows up?

What do you mean by this? (I've never made a squidoo page before.) Are you talking about having your RSS feed plug in to your account so that in your profile the latest blog post shows up?

You can add the rss feed "module" with squidoo or hubpages, and it auto-"magically" pulls it up and integrates it into your page, providing updated content and backlinks. zimbio works in a similar way. You add your rss feed, and then ping your blogs to have the articles republished there.

It is all free to try .... and also does not take a lot of time.

MI
Back