The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

I need an Affiliate Management Program.

C

Cyclops

Hoping someone can help me out, I need an affiliate management script that will do the following.

I have a social networking site where I want to revenue share with the affiliates who refer members to the site.
I need the script to be able to keep track of and record all pageviews on the page of all the members that the affiliate referred to the site.

From there I can calculate the commission I owe to each affiliate.

Sounds simple but I can't find an affiliate management program that will also record pageviews of the members they referred to the site.

Thanks in Advance :)

Hi Cyclops,

Hmmm, that's a twist if I understand what you need to do.
Tracking software will count impressions on the affiliate site.
But you need it to track the # of impressions the members
make on your social networking site?? Did I get it right?

Hi Linda .... yes it's a bit tricky :D

I know what I need can be done, in fact some other sites take it even further than I am going to.
I just can't find a program that does it, guess I'm looking in the wrong places which is why I thought I would ask here. Lots of very experienced affiliates and affiliate manager's are members. I'm pretty sure someone will know where to find the program I need.

I'll try and explain it a bit more clearly :) :confused:

An affiliate sends Miz X to my social networking site. Miz X joins and becomes a member of the site. The affiliate then gets paid on the number of pageviews that are made on Miz X's profile page.
So in effect the program needs to keep a record of the number of pageviews that have occurred for every member that has joined the site through the affiliates referral ID.

At the end of each month I can look up the number of pageviews that have been made for each affiliate and divide the appropriate percentage of the advertising revenue the site receives amongst the affiliates.

Clear as mud ..... right :D

Hi Cyclops,

Like Linda said, it's my understanding that you would be tracking referrals based on impressions, which is essentially the same thing as a page view.

The affiliate in question could place a banner on their site, so that each time the page was viewed the impression would be recorded to their affiliate account, and then at the end of the month you could calculate a commission based on the number of impressions/page views.

Does that sound right?
And so you'd be paying a flat commission per impression/page view?

Cheers,

I think his model is different than that. I think what he wants to do is track the page views on the social site, not the affiliate site. I think that's the twist and what he's having a hard time finding. He wants to offer a revshare of the CPM advertising revenue he generates I think.

Ahh....I get it now, thanks. :eek:

So basically, the members would be like "sub affiliates" of the affiliate who initially referred them to the social network, however the member would not have any sort of tracking link placed on their site.

That is tricky to set up, but a good concept! :)

Have you tried JROX Affiliate Manager? Start, Promote and Manage Your Own Successful Affiliate Marketing Program I am using that for the affiliate program we are getting ready to launch and it is incredibly versatile software. The only downside to it is the one time license fee of $99.00 and you get all future upgrades, etc with it. The support guys on the forum are pretty helpful too. Let me know if you have any questions about it. I'm pretty well versed in it after 6 months with it. Haha

The only downside to it is the one time license fee of $99.00 and you get all future upgrades, etc with it.

I've heard some good things about JROX. $99 isn't a downside the way I see it. That's super low cost for affiliate management software.

Plus what he's trying to do is unique and I don't think any regular affiliate tracking program is going to do what he needs.

I've heard some good things about JROX. $99 isn't a downside the way I see it. That's super low cost for affiliate management software.

Plus what he's trying to do is unique and I don't think any regular affiliate tracking program is going to do what he needs.

Well as far as tracking, if you have access to the source code of these social networking sites or they have some form of api, JROX will work perfect with it as you can trigger tracking and "sales" silently so long as you can make a cURL call or do a redirect (which JROX does support)

Thanks for the replies, much appreciated. It's taken time and a lot of work but we ended up building our own system, it's being rigorously tested and so far looks to be doing all we need and much more.

Once we have it fully integrated into the site and it's been working for a few months we may release it for sale.
A lot of people have shown interest in a program like this so it would be silly to keep it to ourselves.

I was going to suggest iDevAffiliate prior to reading your request. Personally I feel that this is a custom job and would require a programmer to get you going. I'd check with some outsource programmers to see if this is something they can manage. I will keep my eye peeled as I'm in the process of identifying various affiliate management programs right now.

Congratulations! I'm glad to hear you did end up doing a solution of your own. As a php developer I always prefer in house applications as you don't have the overhead of a bunch of other features that you never really intend to use. For what we do, JROX just fit perfectly, although we are finding some limitations to the software that will hopefully become features in future releases ( mainly current features just not as in depth as we would like them to be, such as the ad rotator and other things ;) ). Anyhow, best of luck!

MI
Back