The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

I have 10,000 Unique Articles - Wondering What I can do With Them???

bigcat1967

Hey guys:

I have over 10,000 articles that are unique (they are all over 600 words) and I want to do this right since I'll be building a mega site.

First place, my CMS is Wordpress. I will not be using any posts (if someone disagrees with me, please let me know - I would love to hear your point), I will be using nothing but pages. This will be a huge information website.

I will be placing these articles (that never have been online) in a silo structure. Now - before I start, I want to make sure that I am doing the silo structure correctly. Please see below:

Index Page

Color of Cats

Black Cats
White Cats
Yellow Cats

As you can see, I have just one silo. I will have links on the - let's say - "Color of Cats" page to the "Black Cats", "White Cats" and "Yellow Cats" pages.

Now here is the question. To allow the bots to crawl better, should I have on the "Black Cats" page, a link to the "White Cats" page as well as a link back to the "Color of Cats" page?

Then the next question would be - on the "White Cats" page, would I have a link going to both the "Black Cats" & "Yellow Cats" page AND a link going back to the "Color of Cats" page?

It makes sense to me to have it layed out this way since the bots looks at sites as linier. If I am wrong, please let me know how the silo structure should look like using my examples.

Thanks guys so much!

Now here is the question. To allow the bots to crawl better, ....

Wordpress has a plug-in that creates .xml sitemaps and ping Google and yahoo. It does that automatically when you post a post on your blog. So don't worry about crawling. The pages are crawled by Google.

I don't think you would have to do it that way exactly. Google is pretty good about Indexing pages. Linking the pages would allow PR to pass through though.

I really do not understand about your post.
Do you mean that all 10,000 articles are only about cats? :D
I just wonder how it is possible to write 10.000 unique articles about cats only?
Omg...:)

Have you used sitemap to embed all these links (including other pages)? The sitemap is very useful not only to visitors but to Net crawlers as well. The .XML sitemap is the perfect tool for easy indexing.

I'm not sure why you dedicated everything to colored cats. This is not wrong really. But I believe the variety would be better. You know, cat food, cat activities, cat grooming materials, etc.

:cool:

banners
Back