monetizer expertmobi
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

How has this site got the first position on Google?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimisation' started by HelenN, Dec 23, 2015.

1. HelenN

HelenN Affiliate affiliate

Today I have just done a search with "internet marketing forum" keyword on google to find a good site for promoting my graphic service (fiverr gig)

But pretty strange for this site "Webmaster Sun", they are on top #1 for this keyword, see the picture

[​IMG]

and I have a look on their site, they only have Threads 8,590 threads while other forums have millions of threads/posts but they still can be considered a higher position on Google search results.

I want to know what marketing or search engine optimization techniques they have applied for their site to have the first position on Google so that I can learn and apply for my blogs.

Any advice?

Thanks in advance.
    Helen N.

MarinaKimia likes this.
  2. monetizer
  3. Dispply

Dispply Affiliate Manager Affiliate Manager affiliate

Linking weight?

4. Ninja Marketer

Ninja Marketer Affiliate affiliate

Depending on your cookies as well as location your search result are come up. If you login to the google plus account and if you follow someone and some have those keywords criteria then you'll see those on your search result as well. I just search and saw they are in 2nd position on google. They have already got PR3 and backlink quality is high. Here are some further analysis :
    [​IMG]

HelenN likes this.
  5. azgold

azgold Moderator moderator affiliate

It might even be in a different place in another browser.

HelenN likes this.
  6. mag1cp0t

mag1cp0t Affiliate affiliate

Not first page through my search.

HelenN likes this.
  7. HelenN

Thanks Ninja Marketer for cool analytics on their site. From your image, I could guess they are having more social shares so that they got good position like that?

Yes sometimes its #1 but sometimes #2 or #3 , I don't know why having the difference between searches?
    I heard someone called it as Google dance?

8. Dr. Forum

Dr. Forum Affiliate affiliate

It is due to the fact that they have optimized all their content. One thing that you need to have it done well is the SEO of your website. It does not really depend on the quantity of the content but rather on the quality. i am suspecting that the webmaster people have been able to work their optimization to the top. Ranking also depend on other factors and not only on the SEO, you need to be able to see and implement other factors that will see you get to the first place.

HelenN likes this.
  9. Franklin Hatchett

Franklin Hatchett Affiliate affiliate

It could be just relevant to your location. Google does that a lot. For example when I search it that website shows on the 3rd page. :)

HelenN likes this.
  10. JasonS

JasonS Affiliate affiliate

At my side it's on number 4th, the first one is WF.

HelenN likes this.
  11. Dewlance

Dewlance Affiliate affiliate

Its depend on location but I think If their forum is listed on #1 because of they do lot of hard work.

+1 for their hard working.

12. lucygrace269

lucygrace269 Affiliate affiliate

I think its because of the quality of each post. I once joined this forum and was able to know the standard it maintains for each of their post.

HelenN likes this.
  13. HelenN

I could agree with you on this but not sure how content affect SEO ranking?

14. HCFGrizzly

HCFGrizzly Affiliate Manager Affiliate Manager affiliate

I think it shows like that based on your location. On my end that forum appears on the 7th position. Google does that all the time, it displays results based on your location.
    A curious thing to note is that I have searched for this term two weeks back and that forum wasn`t listed in the first 2 pages of Google`s SERP so they must be doing a good job with SEO.

HelenN likes this.
  15. HelenN

You are right, when I am searching this keyword then this site Webmaster Sun - The Largest Internet Marketing Forum & Marketplace is getting #3 on Google US but on Google UK it is getting #2, it has the differences between different locations
    Here's a different result that I am getting when searching with google UK

[​IMG]

I agree with you , you might do a great SEO job and I am trying to learn ways that they are applying for their site.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2016

Featured Resources (View All)

MI