The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

How do you get constant traffic flow without adding more content?

sylviad

For about two years, I've been focusing on article marketing to drive traffic to my sites. What happens is that after 2-3 weeks, the traffic stops along with the sales.

The same holds true with my blogs after a month or so of not posting.

I know backlinking is the way to go. I've heard that backlinking to your articles is best so that they stay high in the results both on the article directories and on the SERPs.

But the results have not shown this to be very effective either, unless of course you spend 4 of 5 days a week getting backlinks. Maybe this is what it takes, I don't know.

There are so many ways to drive traffic and keep it coming, but it seems to be elusive.

How do you maintain good traffic flow without constantly writing articles and adding blog content... and without constantly building more backlinks (to replace those that are removed or that never get put in place by those backlinking sites)? I get it that you have to keep adding backlinks over time, but are some types of backlinking more permanent than others?

Is there some method of distributing articles so they always work?

Another problem I see is with the article databases themselves. Some are worse than others, but because I'm promoting a popular product, my articles are always surrounded by Adsense promoting the same product I'm promoting with the article and in the resource box. This is very disturbing, to see my articles almost invisible on some sites because of the adsense inserted after the first paragraph, across the top and down each side.

This alone makes me think that article marketing of affiliate products is a huge waste of time. At least with your own product, you're the only one who has it and is promoting it. The only competition you face is with similar products, which is less of a problem than competing affiliates.

Any suggestions on how to overcome these issues?

Thanks.

Sylvia

Hi Sylvia,

I'm really sorry but I don't have any time to type much of a reply today, but here are some of our best posts on <a href="http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5staraffiliateprograms.com/general-topics-affiliate-forum/15740-best-5-star-tips-how-posts.html#post48848">Traffic Generation and Marketing Ideas</a>

my articles are always surrounded by Adsense promoting the same product I'm promoting with the article and in the resource box. This is very disturbing, to see my articles almost invisible on some sites because of the adsense inserted after the first paragraph, across the top and down each side.

This alone makes me think that article marketing of affiliate products is a huge waste of time.

Just a quick comment to say thank you. You are about the 1st affiliate that agrees with me on this. I wrote a post about how article marketing is just a big energy suck, in part due to all the competing Adsense ads, but most affiliates in that thread supported article marketing anyway.

Sorry need to run. Sick kid to take care of.

Most articles traffic die off quickly this days as a result of competition. Your articles are been pushed down by new submission.

Are you optimizing your articles? If you are optimizing your articles and writing quality articles your article can rise to the top of SERP for a very long time. Building links occassionally will help you to maintain your position.

You can stop building back links and that is when you have been established and that will take you several years.

The same applies to blog, you have to optimize it and build back links.

If you want to avoid this link building process and article writing, then you have to invest in PPC.

Agreed some article directories full their pages with ad sense, i guess that's the price of the FREE gift.

The only way to beat this is optimize your home page and wrk on getting your site to the top of the SERP. This directories too get over 80% of their traffic from the search engine.

Affiliate marketing need work but is very lucrative.

I guarantee that quality of writing is not an issue, although I'm beginning to realize that it's worth studying how to write for the Web. I have tons of offline professional writing experience, but internet users are scanners first. If you can't grab their attention quickly and hold it throughout the article, they'll never get to your resource box. Being a wordy writer, this puts me at a real disadvantage.

Yes, I do optimize each article for a single keyword phrase and I'm sure it has helped. I do have good standing in the SERPs for some keywords and have done for a few years now. I've just learned, though, that one thing I need to do is target more keywords. Big mistake only focusing on 4-5.

Someone on another forum is aiming to put 20 articles a day on EA until he gets tired. This is one way to keep your face on the front page of the SERPs and on EA. So one question might be: Is this a good strategy for the work involved, or would he be better off writing less articles and spending more time backlinking to them?

His thought is that he'd rather use his backlink building efforts on his own site/blog than on his EA articles.

What I'm learning is that backlinks are what will make the difference. But which is best? Sending them to your EA articles or to your own site? Or does it even matter?

Sylvia

To get more traffic without adding any content, You should get more backlinks daily as well as you have to be stay on top on Google SERP. If you(I mean your article or the site) are on top on Google for your keyword search, you should get moer traffic and it should give you more sales too. Isn't? :D

To get more SERP, you have to get more backlinks, specially, be an active member of a forum where guys are talking about your product/service, do lots of blog comments on the blogs where guys used to wrire about your product/service. These will drive more direct hits to your aritlce/site, at the same time, will help to get increment in your SERP in Google too. :D - Two in one

Thanks Simon. That was my point. There are so many things you can do to try to drive traffic, but most are short lived. Do them today and they'll be gone in 3 days. It's like bailing a boat with a constant leak in it. At some point you decide it makes more sense to just let the darned thing sink. :D

Backlinking so far seems to be the most permanent activity to drive traffic - as in, backlinking other than just by submitting articles to a database where they can easily slip into the archives in a few days, never to be seen again unless you build backlinks to those. At that point, it seems to make more sense to use that energy to backlink to your own site, rather than to the articles on someone else's site.

Or maybe I have it back-asswards. ?

Of course, the other option is PPC, but that means spending money which I'd prefer not to do. Besides, I've never had any success with PPC. People are always talking about how PPC can drive lots of traffic to your site right away or quickly, but that has not been my experience.

The other thing that's finally starting to sink in is that you can have more permanent backlinks by going after sites in your own niche, rather than just generically backlinking. As long as those site owners don't shut down or remove your link, you're pretty much there indefinitely. Clearly, you'd want to find sites that have been around for some time and are established for this to bring long term success as a marketing method.

Sylvia

One suggestion is to set up a central Blog or Landing page for your targeted product.

When generating your articles have one of the links going to your blog.
Over time, you won't need to use the article marketing method, as your blog will be generating traffic naturally.
This also gives you the added bonus of getting some of that Adsense money the article sites are generating.

Adding unique content is essential but staying at the top of SERP you need to build backlinks for your articles constatly. Try to get backlinks for your articles from several sources like forums, blogs, squidoo lens, hubpages. Also try to linkback an article from other articles. Social bookmark them and try to get top position in bookmarking sites that can help you to get target traffic to your site.

I would really try to get traffic from Twitter and Youtube (FB is a lot harder to get traffic).

If you truly get targeted traffic on Twitter - no doubt you will get conversions. But the down side is that you have to work every day on this.

It's a lot of hard work - "...and it's a long way to the top if you want to rock & roll" (AC/DC)

banners
Back