The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

How can I get more backlinks?

Knowing what I know about Marie, my guess is her articles are well written and I doubt they are too promotional.

Linda, I wasn't suggesting that Marie's articles were too promotional, or that they weren't well-written. I wasn't suggesting that at all. In fact, I clearly stated that without reading her articles, I couldn't say for sure what the problem was. But if my words implied otherwise, it certainly wasn't intentional, and I apologize to Marie.

She was concerned about why her articles weren't being approved - so there's clearly a problem. I was merely hazarding an educated guess as to what the problem might be, since I have a lot of articles published by EZA.

David Jackson

Oh no David, I wasn't saying you were suggesting that, at all. I knew what you meant.

I was just stating that for anyone else that doesn't know her, that was my impression of how she would write. Plus had to get my dig in, as I often do about the fact the bad guys often ruin it for everyone else.

Oh no David, I wasn't saying you were suggesting that, at all. I knew what you meant.

I was just stating that for anyone else that doesn't know her, that was my impression of how she would write.

Plus had to get my dig in, as I often do about the fact the bad guys often ruin it for everyone else.

No problem, Linda. We're good. :)

Boy, isn't that the truth about a few rotten apples ruining it for everyone else.

David Jackson

I'm trying to submit articles to ezine but with the new rules I keep getting rejected for self-promoting.

Marie, I just went back and read this entire thread from the beginning. I'm glad I did, because I actually didn't remember your statement about your articles being rejected for self-promotion, when I made my recent comments.

Obviously, there is something in your articles that are setting off the self-promotion alarms. I'm sure that it's something completely innocent - but it's something, nonetheless.

Last year, EZA kicked back a couple of my articles for "self-promoting." I honestly didn't think that I was self-promoting, but I had a couple of colleagues of mine that I trust, give me an honest assessment of the articles in question. And sure enough, there were a few words in each article that could have easily been construed as self-promoting.

Anyway, I removed those words, and resubmitted the articles. They were approved, and it's been smooth sailing with EZA ever since.

I don't mean to belabor the point, and I'm not trying to tell you what to do. I'm just sharing with you how I handled a similar situation.

David Jackson

Interesting discussion guys!

My first attempts at ezine articles were definitely self promoting (with me not being aware of the rules). So I submitted a really good article on feline interstitial cystitis with absolutely no self promotion and still got rejected!

It turns out that they didn't like my author name. I couldn't use my own name because it was taken. So, I tried using Dr. Marie but they turned me down because there was no last name. So, then I used my name followed by DVM but they only accept certain professional degrees and apparently DVM (doctor of veterinary medicine) was not one of them!

So, yesterday I resubmitted my name with a middle initial and overnight my article got published and I was "upgraded to expert status".

Hopefully it will be worth it!

I'll try to submit more articles now.

Thanks for your help David and Linda!
Marie

Interesting discussion guys!

My first attempts at ezine articles were definitely self promoting (with me not being aware of the rules). So I submitted a really good article on feline interstitial cystitis with absolutely no self promotion and still got rejected!

It turns out that they didn't like my author name. I couldn't use my own name because it was taken. So, I tried using Dr. Marie but they turned me down because there was no last name. So, then I used my name followed by DVM but they only accept certain professional degrees and apparently DVM (doctor of veterinary medicine) was not one of them!

So, yesterday I resubmitted my name with a middle initial and overnight my article got published and I was "upgraded to expert status".

Hopefully it will be worth it!

I'll try to submit more articles now.

Marie

Good stuff! I never would have thought it would have to do with your name. I recently got my article published on ezine and noticed that they removed a couple of links, but allowed me to keep one.

Oh YEA! Good going!

You are very welcome, we're always glad to try to help.

Dr Marie,

In your line of work which is also your niche, you have great potential in the video world of Youtube and other video orientated networks that could bring you great traffic and also backlinks from embedded video.

I could think of a dozen videos you could create for you site, just in the time I wrote this, so I am sure you could too.

Youtube has massive traffic everyday and I think videos on your niche would be recieved very well. How to choose the right dog, or cat. What to look for in the products you use to take care of your animal. Why does my dog chew things up? I could go on and on with different ideas that could all be put to video.

Link Master

I do a lot of article marketing. I have a few article that have created a lot of relevant backlinks to my landing page. But I have several articles that don't do anything for me. But they are read every now and then. When writing articles it very important to get your keywords in the right places such as the article heading and the URL. I also find it important to have good placement of your keyword throughout the article. But like I said, this doesn't always work either.

I also comment on forums such as this one where my comments have made it in the top 10 list of Google. To do this I try and place my key words throughout my comments in order to create quality and related backlinks. This can sometimes be difficult because it's also important to keep your comments meaningful.

Hope this helps.

Hello DrMarie,
You are already doing one.
I only use three methods to build backlinks and those three are:
Blog Commentings,
Directory submission and,
Forum signatures.

From these three, I would say that forum sigs is the best while directory submission next.

you can search in google by " dofollow blog list - dofollow forum list - ....) like that it will provid to you alot of posts to post in

Do a search in Google for Do Follow, Comment Luv, Keyword Luv, Wordpress + (keyword phrase). These sites have a plug-in in Worpress that allow Google or other search engines to follow the links in your comment or allow your name to be linked to your website (if you see a blog with Comment Luv, use your keyword phrase as your name and it will become the anchor text for your link.

MI
Back