The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Hello from I

MoorJames

affiliate
Hey everybody,

Nice to be apart of the family. Just joined today (as you can see) but have been an eye in the sky for a couple weeks now. Been all through your forums and you definitely have a great deal of info, plus it seems like you have a nice crowd.

Anyways, I am just starting out being an affiliate- so new that I don't have a site yet. I believe that I have my niche sorted out (closest thing to a passion). To this I mean I have something that I think I can write about and give valuable information to people and maybe hand out a couple affiliate links to some stores for commission. The only thing is, it's not quite the passion that most people talk about. I don't really have a passion because I haven't really been able to afford one. I just entertain myself from daily stuff instead of picking up really any hobbies. But this is still good enough that I could do it often without it really being "work". (I say that now:p )

So that is kind of why I'm here is because I may need some Guidance, and will be happy to help if able. But also to make a few friends and create a career. See you in the forums

Hi James,

Welcome to 5 Star. Glad you like what you saw from out there
in the sky, enough to join us. I think we have some people that will give you some good suggestions about what to do. But best not to get into your question here in your intro thread as no one will find it up here.

So hope you don't mind but I'll split and move the question part to the newbie forum with a descriptive subject line. I think you'll get more support that way.
Give me a couple minutes to do some edits.

No worries, I guess it wasn't exactly a Q but it would have started a discussion and I wanted to offer some suggestions but didn?t want the convo to get buried in the intro forum. So I'll pop over and give you a little feedback.

Welcome to 5 Star, MoorJames.

I also am glad to see that you liked what you saw here and decided to join.

You have already noticed that we have lots of useful information and that our members are friendly and very helpful.

You should have no problem making some new friends here or getting guidance.

Thanks for joining.

Hi James and good to have you aboard. It's a great place to hang out and learn. Maybe in time you will find that you do indeed have a passion that rests inside you and is wanting to get out. It doesn't have to be anything that is pricey or store bought. For example, I love Cats...I want to make a site about cats with content that I feel can be of value to other cat lovers. Even if I didn't own a cat I could still do this because of my passion. I'm going to pop over to the other section that Linda set up for you and see what's going on there. Take care and enjoy your stay now that you have come down to Earth...:) All the best.

Glad to have the warm welcomes from everybody. Also thanks for the quick advice about the Cats site- I'm sure I have a passion, but just don't have the money or time to focus on it. I have fallen into the "just make money" type passion and I hate it. I don't hate making money, I just don't like having my sights on the wrong objective. I know that you follow your passion, the money will come. Just would be nice to have the money first ;). Oh well, I'll learn. Thanks again everyone.

Hi again James. Sorry to say, but if you "...don't have the money or time to focus on..." your passion then you may be in the wrong biz. As discussed in your other post, money is not really an issue since having a passion is intrinsic to you as an individual and thus is not something that costs money to have. As for having no time, well, this business is all about time...time needed to reflect, time to research, time needed to write content, time needed to build or,at the very least, sign up for a free blog, time needed to learn, time needed to ask questions, time to choose how you want to monetize your site, time to search for appropriate affiliate programs, time to work on gaining traffic to your site, time to go to the bank to cash affiliate checks...:) Hopefully you get my drift. Even the pros who have done this a billion times rely on time to do things properly. So if you don't have timet, you won't have a chance to become involved in this industry. Hope this isn't too harsh but this is not a fly by night industry. Like anything new, it takes time to figure it out and work it through. Take care and all the best.

I hear ya.. Maybe I misspoke a little. When I said that, I meant that I didn't make time for any particular passion. Like Golf- I picked up golf this year for a little bit, went out and hit thousands of golf balls, but never really seen it as a passion or a hobby that I can really get into. It was merely entertainment for the moment, and then went about my day. As for Time with this, I will make time for learning and building. This I actually enjoy. I like doing the research and finding more information to help me on this journey.

As for the passion part, I understand i will have to dig deep for this one. I mean, I mainly like meeting new people, developing relationships (friends) and going places. Only problem is, I can't go anywhere without money :p But if I could find things that I can write about, I feel like I would do great in this industry because I have a gift with people. (at least I think i do) I'm able to build rapport with people, and feel trusted. So this is where i sit.

Oh, I should be able to find the time to cash the checks ;)

I hear ya.. Maybe I misspoke a little. When I said that, I meant that I didn't make time for any particular passion. Like Golf- I picked up golf this year for a little bit, went out and hit thousands of golf balls, but never really seen it as a passion or a hobby that I can really get into. It was merely entertainment for the moment, and then went about my day. As for Time with this, I will make time for learning and building. This I actually enjoy. I like doing the research and finding more information to help me on this journey.

Ok...that makes things a little easier then...:)

Oh, I should be able to find the time to cash the checks ;)

That's the spirit...:p Take care and all the best.

banners
Back