The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Having quite a few issues getting my niche site to rank, any help greatly appreciated

galloway87

affiliate
Hi Guys,

Firstly a big hi to everyone, I have been lurking for a little while but never actually posted! I am very new to everything affiliate marketing so take it easy on me!

Basically I have decided to take the route of Amazon niche sites, promoting them through SEO and social profiles. I am following Jay's screw95 course which is great, but I am really struggling to pull any traffic let alone see any sales. I have been working on the site since roughly December last year and have only seen 98 unique visitors (most of which have come from Tumblr, linking pictures to my site), it seems I am not really ranking for anything on any search engine :|

The social profiles I am using are Tumblr, Google+, Pintrest, and I am about to start posting on Reddit also. I am slowly building the profiles but have gotten the best results from Tumblr so far.

I just feel like something is quite wrong, surely I should have seen some kind of activity 2 and a bit months down the line? :(

If anyone has ANY advice I would be eternally grateful, here is a link to my site if anyone would care to take a look and offer me some brutally honest feedback-

tophuntingcrossbows.com/

Thanks!

First of all congrats on taking action and well done for following Jays guide.

Firstly looking at your site its fine but aside from the product content theres not much fresh content going on.

Thinking on site i'd suggest building a blog and either outsourcing or writing weekly blog posts regarding your niche.

Do keyword research and find some terms with low competition and not huge results.

Share the posts out whilst building on your social profiles.

Its going to be hard for google to really pull you up the ranks without new content in my opinion.

Aside from that maybe look into testing your product pages and seeing what buttons etc work.

Also you could maybe add an email pop out and funnel the users through.

Let me know if you need help with anything as most of the above is here in The Dojo!

Hi K,

Thanks for the honest advice! The blog idea sounds pretty good to me, I'll look into outsourcing maybe one or two articles a week targeting a few keywords. Can you suggest any places that you have used in the past for this?

I think overall I need to learn to be patient, I thought it would be a simple process of just adding a product here and there, and that traffic would come flooding in. I'll keep you updated on the progress as this is my first ever attempt at making any kind of income online.

I think I need to spend a fair bit of time reading threads etc here on the forums and really getting to grips with the basics. Can you recommend any articles that would compliment Jays guides in regards to SEO and social?

Thanks

I have added a blog post and will update with something hunting related every week along with new products. With new weekly content and new products being added, plus continuing to grow and link out to social profiles- how long would you estimate roughly for Google to take notice and start to rank pages / see an increase in traffic?

I am wondering how long i should continue to work on one site before I call it a day and move onto a different niche if I see no real improvement?

Thanks for the advice so far!

banners
Back