The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Have I Been Hacked?

azgold

Administrator
Administrator
Dojo Master
So, I login into the RoundCube email today that was provided with my HG account, only to find ALL of my emails gone. Every single folder, file and email. Total ghost town. The only thing left was 25 delivery failure messages for emails that I didn't send.

I sent a support ticket to HG but not sure they support the email part of things, I just didn't know what else to do.

I feel sick about this. I had password information in there. Account numbers, contacts...

I've never been hacked but I assume that explains this?

RING hostgator asap - but it could be something simple like a server configuration issue.

Really? Oh, that would be awesome if it's something like that!

Thanks, K. Will get on the horn with HG.

K, you were spot-on!

It's great news for me! It is a configuration issue. The HG rep can see my emails, I just can't - whew!!

Will have to figure out my settings and problem solved. I feel much safer now, anyway.

Re the emails sent from my addy that I didn't send, the rep thinks they weren't deliverable because someone was sending them from a different server using my email address. That also makes me feel better - at least they didn't hack into my email. I am hoping that I don't somehow end up blacklisted for spam I didn't send, though....just in case some did make it out.

Just wanted to mention this happy update - I almost forgot.

Thanks, K!

Awesome news!

If emails disappear it usually means the server has been compromised so they aren't showing.

So glad it's sorted :)

banners
Back