The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Google browser is here

temi

affiliate
Google is launching an open source web browser to compete with Internet Explorer and Firefox.
The browser is designed to be lightweight and fast, and to cope with the next generation of web applications that rely on graphics and multimedia.

source: BBC

I am a bit confused, I tried to download this software but the links which used to work once responses with 404 server error.

It probably hasn't been released yet since Google live in a different timezone... I must admit tt does look an interesting concept making each tab a separate process :).

ChrisB.

oh for f**k's sakes... yet another f**king browser to worry about and support... and since it's a big enough name, probably all the frameworks out there would have to comply (good for these using GWT, bastards) as well...

google have got their hands on almost as many things as microsoft, starting to unnerve me a little...

it uses the same rendering engine as safari I think so you dont have to worry about it displaying correctly as long as it works in safari!

trying to download, but it is not working

The wikipedia article currently says "The beta release date for the Windows version is scheduled for 18:00 GMT, September 2, 2008 and Mac OS X and Linux versions are said to follow soon" so we still have a while to wait if that's true.

ChrisB.

If it renders the same as Safari, it could be used as a tool to validate Safari compliance in the design process. That has always been a problem for PC only designers.

I've been giving it a go for the past few hours now. It has some interesting features, and the multi-threaded processing certainly helps with the RAM compared to Firefox rinsing up to 2gb of my RAM sometimes. That said, it still lacks a lot of features, and it hasn't even passed and Acid3 test yet, which is something i'm very surprised about - i'm not sure why Google would launch without sorting this out first.

I'm not going to switch to it yet, but i'm certainly going to keep my eye on it.

Since its beta I wouldn't expect it to be finished yet - although I do hope it doesn't stay in Beta as long as some of Googles other projects.

As I said over on webhostchat I'm happy so far with it as a browser but the developer/JS/debug stuff seems as horrid as it is in safari. I've only found one of the sites I've developed that seems "broke" with it so far but it is rather heavy on JS/AJAX/DOM stuff and gets special code due to it being "Safari" which I guess I might need to alter a little since it runs a different JavaScript engine.

ChrisB.

Stop the Google monopoly. Don't support the browser.
image3.gif

why?

did you use the browser already?

or you have this hate to Google?:search:

one of the finest browsers in the internet has been launched by google. it is neat and tidy looking and works pretty fast also. i have left my good old FF for chrome. iam not at all disappointed with it.

I went to some forums...

others say that they like the new browser...

but some do say that they will not use it...

what is the difference of Google's Browser (Google Chrome) to other Browser like FF or IE

chrome Is just Shit.

I dont know but i does not open Google services lolz i mean like Gmail. orkut etc

I just hate it.. used it only for few seconds

Downloaded it but not using it as of now as waiting once they release with some good plugins support same as FF ;)

DON.

Google Chrome is certainly fast but the privacy issues worry me since i access a fair few secure sites and with browsers that are owned by big companies with lots of money; i guess you sometimes have to be careful about what you access through them.

At present, i am still on my faithful Mozzilla Firefox which i have been using for many years now.

Mozzilla Firefox, i cannot see it being beaten to much; if at all, by Google Chrome.

MI
Back