The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Follow Along : Ranking a YouTube video on Google and making as much $$ as possible.

Klayne

As some already may know I'm going to create a Case Study / Journey at the same time, so let's start.

So Klayne, why are you going to rank a YouTube video rather than a website ?
The thing is YouTube has huge authority, and as you know it's owned by Google and they tend to rank youtube video results higher, as you don't see much vimeo or any other video sharing sites at the SERP.
I have already found my Keyword, it's a dating niche keyword with 12'000 searches and the CPC is over 3$, so that means I can squeeze a bunch of "monkies" out of it. Going to go into keyword research a bit later hold on guys.

So what is my plan on ranking it ?
Going really aggressively with building backlinks, mostly quantity over quality, as it's YouTube not my own website, and there isn't much to lose. Also YouTube can handle large volume of backlinks, and they won't penalize it that fast. Will be able to take a sip of the money bucket.

I checked the results and the 4 result is a YouTube video too, so that's a good sign, it's newly created with few k views and maybe over 30 referring domains ( didn't saw anything to be scared of ) also they didn't have much social impact.

What Backlinks am I building :
- Link pyramid from Fiverr
- 1k + Blog Comments
- 20-40 Web 2.0 ( Will try to get the video embed on few of them too )
- 300 - 800 Social Bookmarks
- 200 Tweet Shares
- 50 Facebook likes
- 10 Google+
- I will create 2-3 more videos on the site and interlink them
- Maybe Something more.

It will cost 50$ +

The video creation :
Just going to get a sexy girl to make a testimonial about the site ( 5$ - 20$ )

Monetization :

As I heard from previous thread people told if I'm using content locking or fake stuff - No.
The niche and Keywords are legit and Dating sites bid for that keyword so quality traffic and quality offers will be used.
I'm going to use the average dating offers like AFF ( But different )
Also I have a tracker and landing page from my media buying journey so gonna track all and create a landing page to presell them with a basic landing page ( rule )
As Im using a LP with my own Domain I won't need to cloak.

I think that's all what I wanted to say, while I will update this thread , from time to time I will post guides like : Keyword research, LinkBuilding, etc and it's going to be more in details.

Cheers, Klayne

P.S There may be some grammatical errors.
P.S.S If you are one of those gurus and start to tell that Webmaster guide lines consedire this Blackhat, and I will get penalized please Shut Up.

Good luck with this! My opinion is that you shouldn`t start with too competitive niche in the start.
You can still use content locking methods on LEGIT stuff too...

Good lad - cannot wait to see this one unfold, you have the right attitude to succeed.

Also moved to "Follow Along" as this is a follow along - we can archive it in case studies once complete! :)!

Good luck on your journey.

What keyword tool did you use to do the keyword research?

Thanks,
I'm going to have a tutorial on Keyword research soon. I'm using only free tools.
Come check this thread after 1 or 2 days.

Also tomorrow I should have an update on this thread, as I got the video from fiverr and Im working on it.

Update

Things are moving slow. Right now school is killing me, as 1. semester is coming to an end, shit load of stuff is needed to be done. Thankfully just half year left and no school anymore, atleast for few years. Also have some other more important projects that I need to maintain, so don't now how much time to get this all done will be needed . As soon as I get a bit more time, will write all guides on how to do it all.

About what I have done. To be honest not much, but slowly getting there. I got the video done and edited it a bit, uploaded it wrote titles, tags etc. Also ordered an articles to add it too. Had a bit of headeaches of creating landing page, but it's finished and now, worldwide traffic is redricted to a PPS offer but the good one ( USA,AU,CA,UK,IE,NZ,ZA ) to a SOI offer. But if I think, nothing much is left to do, ordering services, and tracking results. So don't forget to check this thread, to see if I post the guides, Im really sorry, I feel bad myself.

If we talk about school, the thing why I hate it, it makes me average, and thats what I hate. Im better at the bottom than being average, you can't express yourself there, you have homework, some duty's and it's like a day job. + it almost eats all my energy and motivation, but won't give up. The thing that everyone thinks that you are an freak sitting at PC all time, rather than go drink or do stupid shit what was about my fun at the age 14. I don't say I don't drink a beer with friends at Friday, but c'mon, do they really want to work 10 hours a week. I have talked friends, whats the hell do they do, but it's useless, they have a pretty much fucked up mindset, that's what school does to your brain, makes you average so you couldn't make your own business, just be a good worker. ... I go to school come back, do my affiliate marketing stuff and go to sleep late at night, and again to school.

Ergh, again went offtopic.
Anyway Cheers guy and have a nice Day/Night

Klayne

Last edited:
I agree with you Klayne. Btw also left half a year from my high school and I know that feeling.
I got this year Marketing as one of subjects and guess what happened...
Some guys asked the teacher what is marketing because they never heard about it?!!
I had some protests against school and I had make up exam last summer because my business in on the 1st place:)
The most problem is that most guys don`t like anything but they are learning for every exams and they really think that they are smart:D
I know some girls from my class want to go to college but thye still don`t know why and on which one?!!

Yep, school can make you avarage...I only could accept private business school or similar but not avarage college with avarage teachers.
While we have people with that type of mindset there is a much less competition for us:D
Just never give up!

And ask here If you have any question about youtube...
I want to see some questions from you! :ninja:

Klayne, you are definitely not "average." You are a smart and ambitious young man. Years from now, your classmates will still be working for someone else while you're a successful business owner.

Six months probably feels like a long time to you but it isn't really. That makes it only approximately 24 weeks until you're free!

Darster, same thing goes for you.

I think we should not curse school.

School is a good thing and if you really do it and fight for it and are good at it, you can be much more than average. It all depends on you and your skills. If you are good in IM and make a living that is a really cool skill, but being good at school and going to an university and getting really good in a topic which interests you can be a very cool skillset, too!

I started attending a school a year ago out of my free will. And I think it's a good thing, now I do that and learn IM, too!

I think the most important thing is a way to study effectively and I can say, that using SRS software really helped me and I got the best student in class because of it. That's why I always recommend Anki (Anki - powerful, intelligent flashcards) to any student! It needs some time to get used to it, but It boosts your learning and can make you much more effective while spending less time studying. Even things for IM you can learn with it if you like.

But if you have the chance to make a school, i recommend doing it and trying to be good at it. For it will help you. Many people in school have a bad attitude and don't really care about things, but if you do, you are not like them.

Don't worry guys Im still here. School is making me really busy, and all the other project what I can't finish too. Holidays are almost here, so I will have much more time. Will finish my other project and will post an awesome Case Study, completly transparent and all what Im doing will be shown, even the Keyword and site. It will be also almost 0 investment.

About this journey.

I have done almost all what I needed. All backlinks, views, likes, social signals, etc. Now I need to wait. The video on youtube is on the first page, need it to rank in google. Atleast I rank for my title 1, so thats a good sign. Will post more next week promise.

P.S Sorry, the text may have some grammatical errors, as Im really tired.

Klayne

I will close this thread, as I don't like YouTube for ranking. It's something I don't enjoy, because YouTube "owns" the video and your account can be deleted any day.
I have been working on something more WhiteHat, and which is more profitable and can generate much higher income, and you actually own the website, so the only treat is google penalty.

Sorry for this, but I will compensate it with something you will enjoy much more and something which is safer and much more legit.

It will involve real businesses and real clients, it can be plumbers, dentists etc.

Will keep you updated in probably a new thread.

Klayne

So young and already you are on top of it! I LOVE IT. in 5 years time or probably less you will see that 6 months goes by in a blink of an eye, especially when you are working either full time at a job or working your ass off making your own business (internet or otherwise). Entrepreneurs are different people especially introverted entrepreneurs. You want to read a few books though, Rich dad poor dad by Robert Kiyosaki and Quiet: The power of introverts in an extrovert world by Susan Cain. But anyway, lets get back to your campaign! hope you kill it with this one its a brilliant idea.

Oh my GOD I love follow alongs!

-ALEX ;D

banners
Back