The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Five SEO options; which should I focus on?

cwebdesign

affiliate
Hi, I'm working a dayjob, and I just started an affiliate site. I'm wondering what I should focus on first to start building traffic... I've got a limited amount of time, so I'm hoping to focus my time on the most rewarding things. Could you try ranking these in best to worst order for getting traffic? I hope to do them all over time, but I'm trying to figure out what to focus on first. Thanks!

1) Submit articles at ezinearticles.com

2) Continue building unique content on my own site by adding a blog

3) Add relevant comments to blogs in my niche industry

4) Create Squidoo lens

5) Start tweeting useful info on Twitter

Thanks!

Hi, I'm working a dayjob, and I just started an affiliate site. I'm wondering what I should focus on first to start building traffic... I've got a limited amount of time, so I'm hoping to focus my time on the most rewarding things. Could you try ranking these in best to worst order for getting traffic? I hope to do them all over time, but I'm trying to figure out what to focus on first. Thanks!

4) Create Squidoo lens

Thanks!

Hi. I would focus on the first three first... with the blog content and commenting the first and second action choices, followed by article marketing. The blog commenting can result in almost immediate traffic to your site, depending of course on how interesting and on topic your comments are. And of course, you can never go wrong building up your blog with unique content.

Good luck and take care. All the best.

Lyle (Jazzguy)

4) Create Squidoo lens

Thanks!

#2 is the most important IMO. The more content you have available when they land, the better. Build an awesome show first, then figure out how to get people there, and not vice versa.

All of the options you have there are important for success, but I would focus on content the most at first.

I'm not sure what your situation is or how long you have to complete your project, but here's what I would do:

First, create a blog for your site and write lots of high quality and keyword dense articles to post on it. I usually Digg and Stumble these articles as well. After, submit your articles to article directories, most importantly Ezinearticles.com. While continuing to write content, also perform the blog comments on related blogs and write a good Squidoo lens.

As far as Tweeting goes, Ezinearticles.com will Tweet information about new articles you submit once they pass inspection. Just make sure your followers are people who would be interested in reading your content.

There are a lot more things you can do, but I just used what you gave.

Hope this helps,
Jay

1 + 2 + 3 are the most important aspects. Im not going to put down #2 as the most important, as has been listed above, for one reason. The SEO game is won with links, not content. While you need content to link to, its not nearly in the amounts that many will tell you that you need. In most cases minimal content is needed to sell, you need the rankings to get the people to your sites to get your copy to get them to buy.... in short you need more links than anyone above you.

4 can help, but not on its own. What that will do is help you rank for your keywords via linking related content. You should add more than one web 2.0 sites into this list as well and spread your content around for links.

5 is not important at all. Not saying that you should or shouldn't focus on it. There are reasons for both ways, you just need to decide what you want to do with twitter.

1 + 2 + 3 are the most important aspects. Im not going to put down #2 as the most important, as has been listed above, for one reason. The SEO game is won with links, not content. While you need content to link to, its not nearly in the amounts that many will tell you that you need. In most cases minimal content is needed to sell, you need the rankings to get the people to your sites to get your copy to get them to buy.... in short you need more links than anyone above you.

I realize that we all have our own priorities and ways of doing things, but in my case, I would have to disagree with the above statement. I have many sites that have little to no linking, except internal pages from one to the other, and I get great results. I strongly believe in powerful keywords and related content to drive traffic via organic search engine queries. If you can establish yourself as an expert in your niche, then you will get the traffic. Now this is MY way of doing things and it happens to work for me. For others, it may not work as well. No dissing, just my experience. All the best.

Lyle (Jazzguy)

The SEO game is won with links, not content. While you need content to link to, its not nearly in the amounts that many will tell you that you need. In most cases minimal content is needed to sell, you need the rankings to get the people to your sites to get your copy to get them to buy.... in short you need more links than anyone above you.

For a short term strategy this is fine. Get thousands of links and point them at anything and you'll get serps in the short term. But for the long term, you better have some good content there.

Remember, it's not just the links you put up there. You can build thousands of backlinks solo, and be fine but if you can convince other people to link to your content organically, this will improve your SEO exponentially. The same links from the same places do ok, but multiple links from many relevant sites in your niche are way better, and they tend to stick around a lot longer as well.

Give them something worth linking to, and they will.

I have had some really good serps for 3-5 years, through many "google shifts" and I still remain in the same spot, or on the front page. The reason for that is most of my links are from other webmasters from all over the internet who chose to link to me. If I put up crap, it would only be my list of social media sites and directories linking in.

This goes for Twitter (#5) as well. There are tons of webmasters with twitter accounts, and you post quality links on there, they will put them on their site. This is why the Twitter angle shouldn't be ignored either.

Thanks all! You guys rock. I think I'm going to focus on my content for a while longer (it seems to be the most common suggestion), build up a stash of articles and post them gradually, while simultaneously submitting articles to ezinearticles and commenting on other blogs. One more quick question: I'm not sure if I should submit stories I've posted on my site to ezine and vice versa, though. Isn't that a violation of the rules? Don't I have to create all new content for ezinearticles? Thanks!

Thanks all! You guys rock. I think I'm going to focus on my content for a while longer (it seems to be the most common suggestion), build up a stash of articles and post them gradually, while simultaneously submitting articles to ezinearticles and commenting on other blogs. One more quick question: I'm not sure if I should submit stories I've posted on my site to ezine and vice versa, though. Isn't that a violation of the rules? Don't I have to create all new content for ezinearticles? Thanks!

In a word...YES!!! Do not submit content on your blog/site with what will be submitted to Ezinearticles...keep both area's fresh and you won't go wrong...:) All the best.

Lyle (Jazzguy)

I asked a very similar question just yesterday in the articles section of the forum. You might want to have a quick look at it.

In a word...YES!!! Do not submit content on your blog/site with what will be submitted to Ezinearticles...keep both area's fresh and you won't go wrong...:) All the best.

Lyle (Jazzguy)

Oh is it considered a violation when you post the same content from blog/site to ezine articles?

I didn't know that , but why is that? . I have just copied content from my squidoo lens straight on to ezine but seems like now I have to write a new article for ezine

MI
Back