The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Eagle pays out $200k....

I'd love to know how much they paid out in relation to how much they made.

Does anyone still speak with Ryan?

I think they got what they deserved, did anyone read this also? The First Bank of Affiliate Marketing: Jason Akatiff Goes on the Record About Ryan Eagle, High Risk Affiliates, and More! | Internet Codex

Jason speaks the truth so many newbie networks popping up.

Yeah this make a lot of sense although I didn't think it would happen with Ryan.

Ryan was the best marketer out of all of them - fact...

However he grew to quickly and wasted his money I guess.

People get greedy!

Jason is true to form on many points. In the '80's, while living in Vegas, the growth there was incredibly large (over 6k people per month) and it was easy to start businesses out of cash flow. I did it many times. It was also very easy to factor invoices (factoring: temporary lending against invoices) when cash flow was a little tight. Those days are over, but many still think they can run a business, or start a business, based on cash flow and this industry simply can't properly support it.

I know Ryan has demonstrated great skills in affiliate marketing, but that doesn't relate to skills as a Network Owner. I have read most everything related to his downfall as well as much of that which came before he entered into the Network Game. I understand why there are those with a sympathetic posture towards him, but in the end, it was poor planning that brought him down and coupled with bad moves to try and recover from the initial slide. This is a case of "The best players don't make the best coaches" in my opinion. He simply didn't have the skills and knowledge to make the jump into the Network Space when he did. If he had a true business plan, then he would have had contingencies built into the plan developed by a collaboration with others that had already made the jump and well established themselves in the space.

In addition, he did allow some level of fear (flight response) cause him to sift off some monies for himself and that's what really pissed off the courts. He did not make enough of a significant personal effort to look after the people he owed. He had funds that he siphoned and that is what the courts decided. He should have sold his large and valuable personal assets to look after the affiliates (and others) that he had foreknowledge would be hurt by the companies downfall. If he had done that, he would likely not met as dismal and end and would still be held in much better regard among the general population of Network Owners and Affiliates. Now, hopefully, he has a better understanding of his errors and will go back to his roots and start a new round of marketing for himself until he gets a set of brains about running a business and the ramifications of skipping rudimentary steps necessary to prevent loss and continue gain.

My Rant of the Day!

Yeah this make a lot of sense although I didn't think it would happen with Ryan.

Ryan was the best marketer out of all of them - fact...

However he grew to quickly and wasted his money I guess.

People get greedy!

True. A little bit of power can mess with you if you aren't able to handle it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jason is true to form on many points. In the '80's, while living in Vegas, the growth there was incredibly large (over 6k people per month) and it was easy to start businesses out of cash flow. I did it many times. It was also very easy to factor invoices (factoring: temporary lending against invoices) when cash flow was a little tight. Those days are over, but many still think they can run a business, or start a business, based on cash flow and this industry simply can't properly support it.

I know Ryan has demonstrated great skills in affiliate marketing, but that doesn't relate to skills as a Network Owner. I have read most everything related to his downfall as well as much of that which came before he entered into the Network Game. I understand why there are those with a sympathetic posture towards him, but in the end, it was poor planning that brought him down and coupled with bad moves to try and recover from the initial slide. This is a case of "The best players don't make the best coaches" in my opinion. He simply didn't have the skills and knowledge to make the jump into the Network Space when he did. If he had a true business plan, then he would have had contingencies built into the plan developed by a collaboration with others that had already made the jump and well established themselves in the space.

In addition, he did allow some level of fear (flight response) cause him to sift off some monies for himself and that's what really pissed off the courts. He did not make enough of a significant personal effort to look after the people he owed. He had funds that he siphoned and that is what the courts decided. He should have sold his large and valuable personal assets to look after the affiliates (and others) that he had foreknowledge would be hurt by the companies downfall. If he had done that, he would likely not met as dismal and end and would still be held in much better regard among the general population of Network Owners and Affiliates. Now, hopefully, he has a better understanding of his errors and will go back to his roots and start a new round of marketing for himself until he gets a set of brains about running a business and the ramifications of skipping rudimentary steps necessary to prevent loss and continue gain.

My Rant of the Day!

I don't think it's a rant at all. I think it's an excellent, well-written description of what happened and what could have been done to prevent it.

That's what it looks like, probably all knock offs.

Hmmm, i'm surprised he's even allowed in the online space for sometime!

Seems odd that Harrison was a partner yet he now heads up another network and is never mentioned?

Ryan started his company Response Commodities importing electronics and tobacco products just about a year ago in Feb or March of '13. Harrison started as a director at Affiture (owned by CPX Interactive) a little before that I think.

I found this image posted by KJ on WickedFire from last year. Don't know what to make of it.
2013-03-19-kj-rocker-and-harrison-gravitz.png

Ryan started his company Response Commodities importing electronics and tobacco products just about a year ago in Feb or March of '13. Harrison started as a director at Affiture (owned by CPX Interactive) a little before that I think.

I found this image posted by KJ on WickedFire from last year. Don't know what to make of it.
2013-03-19-kj-rocker-and-harrison-gravitz.png

Yeah I saw this, unless Harrison got out before all the shit started I just don't see why he's never mentioned.

Yeah I saw this, unless Harrison got out before all the shit started I just don't see why he's never mentioned.

Is it possible he didn't get indicted because he turned witness for the prosecution?

banners
Back