The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Do you pay to be list in a directory?

toffee

affiliate
You have to pay to be list in some directories. Does it worth the cost?

Does big directories bring enough traffic and backlinks to worth the 100$ they ask?

If so, what's the math to calculate if it's worth it or not?

Thanks

It depends on what you sell, how much profit you make per unit. If you stand to make a large profit from a single sale then a click is worth more to you.

Also, if the directory page where you link will appear is strong then it has more value from an optimisation point of view. If the directory is somehow topically related to your website content then the link will also have more value to you.

Based on what I've just said, only you can decide whether the cost of a link in financial terms is offset by the benefit gained from either traffic or improvement in SERPs.

well said, surreypcsupport. Are you talking about general directories or Niche directories. If you are saying about Niche directories then its worth to pay. Because niche directories are the perfect place where your customers will be looking for you.

well said, surreypcsupport. Are you talking about general directories or Niche directories. If you are saying about Niche directories then its worth to pay. Because niche directories are the perfect place where your customers will be looking for you.

I was thinking both. But we are selling PHP Scripts, and an average client bill is around 80$. So I was wondering if being list in an important directory would bring me enought traffic to pay back the 100$ they are asking.

Go for niche directories

If you would really like to go for paid linking, then go for niche directories, their link is considered to be a quality link and it really helps in business.

no..... i think it's better to submit to quality directories than to paid directories.....

but you will have the hard time to find free quality directories in the net :D

I was thinking both. But we are selling PHP Scripts, and an average client bill is around 80$. So I was wondering if being list in an important directory would bring me enought traffic to pay back the 100$ they are asking.

I would never pay $100 for a link. Even if I stood to earn $1000 from one sale.

Having said that, if the link were to generate 1000 visitors per month and it was highly targeted it might be worth considering. But I don't beleive there are any directories out there that would deliver traffic that efficiently.

Don't be fooled. A lot of directories fail to make any profit and the entries you see have often been added by the directory administrators themselves.

Nope, were not paying to get in their list... Hmm, even though it would help us more but were trying our bes to be included in their list by submitting on their free section with our quality content...

I am attempting to promote about 6 or 7 of our holiday villa websites.

I have already signed up with most of the free directories that have been listed on here.

Do you have any specific ideas of any directories that I could try?

@toffee, the reason i suggested niche directories, because mostly offtopic people visits on general directories, but on niche directories you will find only those customers who are interested in your niche.

MI
Back