The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Can you add content too fast?

justsimon

Interested in others view on adding content too quickly, I added shop-window to my affiliate site (after tweaking titles, descriptions etc) and overnight google visited it and dropped my from its index.

It crawled about 30,000 pages - should I remove

1. Remove the shopwindow pages
  2. Block google from the pages with robots.txt
  3. Do nothing, the search may come back

Its been about a week now with no google traffic at all.

cheers
Simon

I'm thinking that it shouldn't have hurt it - but I would really like to know for sure.

I'll be adding tons of content overnight and just want to make sure my pages won't get de-indexed...so I to - am interest in anybody's reply.

Any takers?

None of my content has been de-indexed, its still there. Just not getting found for anything, google has turned the tap off - its robots are still visiting and looking at pages, and I still have a ton of content if I do site :// www .yoursite . com

I have been doing more diggin into this issue and lots of people have had the same problem - they added lots of content in a short space of time and google says "Hang on what is going on" they turn the tap off, and your search dissapears overnight.

Some have said they come back after 1 or 2 mths but much weaker. The general advice is add content slowly no more than 2 or 3 page per day.

Real pain in the backside.

I don't believe so that content can be added too fast. Now if the quality of the content is low or viewed as duplicate content, then that is another issue entirely. Take forums like this one for instance, many get thousands of new posts daily and they don't experience that kind of problem. Another example are press release sites and article directories like ezine articles, they also have thousands of new posts daily.

If your site is well established and it can justify the activity it should be ok

I agree with you that if its normal for your site to add that amount of pages then fine but if you normally only add 1 or 2 pages per day, and then you add 30,000 in one day then you will suffer, I now know that as fact now.

I don't think that you can add content too fast...I think adding content fast is good! The more content you add the more content your site has and the more the search engines will like your site!

So I would say definitely it's good to add content quick.

I think it cannot hurt at all... As long as the content is relevant and not about something totally different, Google will find you and finally reward you!

No can't agree with the issue that due to adding content your site could get de-indexed!! If your content is ok..i mean no spam...no keywords staffing, if the content is relevant and unique then Google can't penalize you! Adding more content is not an unethical process (black hat) so there is no logic for getting your site de-indexed! Do you know that Google also got a bit reluctant regarding content? Now your site won't get penalized if you add copied content!

If your site has more good content that is informative then not only you'll achieve high ranking but can surely get target traffic also. Also I must say adding 30,000 pages of content overnight seem too much!! Really sorry to say!

I think it's better not to make such jokes and misguide people who are serious about SEO!

Check by typing your website in google search, and click the cached webpages. If the pages looks like the new updated site its good. If not you have to wait.
Also adding new content wont hurt your website unless its duplicate content.
You need to rank for good keywords to get traffic so check if you are getting any hits from those keywords using google webmaster tools and google analytics.
For security issues most of the websites which has shopping carts block search engines from those pages. So they wont index them on search engines.

banners
Back