The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Can I use my own links?

tsims25

affiliate
Hello,

I'm new to affiliate marketing and notice that some of the programs I've joined don't have product links I like. If I create my own links how does a sale get tracked back to the Merchant?

Thank You

Hi tsims25,

Welcome to 5 Star.

Can you give us a little more info. (not the name of the program.)
There are lots of options and the answer could vary based on your situation, but I'm not really clear about what you have to work with.

What network? Are you talking text links or image links? Are you saying they gave you affiliate text links to some products but you need to link to other products they didn't give you a link for?

You need to be careful because depending on how they are tracking, changing the link could cause a problem. Best thing is to ask the affiliate manager, that way you can be sure its right.

Wish I had a more definite answer.

If it is CJ some merchants give you the ability to change your destination link, so I was wondering if he was using CJ and if that option may help. But not sure if that option will do what he needs.

Hello,

Yes, I would like to create my own text links and banners for the products. I've signed up with CJ, Share a Sale, Link Share and ClixGalore. I was worried that if I used my own links it would affect the tracking of the sale. I think contacting the Affiliate Manager is a good idea.

Thanks,

MI
Back