The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Can I start without a site?

magnet

affiliate
Well here is a challenge for you, I am a REAL Newbie, starting to build a Website, but wondered can I start without a site, and also where do I start first. HELP!!! Its awsome out there. I am an Xpat living in Spain from UK. Look forward to chatting with you.
Onwards and Upwards Magnet.:)

Get to know Facebook. You can start marketing there without a website since Facebook will allow you to create your own page. The marketing techniques will mainly be pay-per-click using Facebook's system and social networking.

Outside of Facebook, there are some sources who swear by direct-linking. Meaning that you can create a pay-per-click campaign via Adwords, Yahoo, etc. and link directly to a merchant's landing page. Again, you don't need a website.

"but wondered can I start without a site, and also where do I start first"

Well I'm assuming you want to start without a site for financial reasons, if that's the case then direct linking isn't an option because that requires PPC $.

"where do I start first?"
That question is a little like how do I build a house?
Answer is - it depends on what kind of house, what budget etc.

Step 1) LEARN MORE - Before you do anything read all the stickies in the newbie forum and some in the niche marketing forum. You need to build a little foundation about the industry and how thing work before you even try to make a decision on your next move.

Step 2) FIND A NICHE - the info above will help you get started. Finding a niche is like deciding what TYPE of house you want to build. We can't really give you too much info until we know what you want to achieve.

DEPENDING on where you are at after you delve into #1 & 2 above,
one possible answer to the question "how can I get started without a site" is to build a hub page or a blogger blog. These are free site building or blogging platforms that make it easy for you to build a free site that could start getting some traffic.

Forgot about hubpage and blogger when I wrote my reply. I use those. They're great for experimenting on SEO and longtail techniques.

You can try blogger, however buying a domain for $8, hosting for about $10 per month and then paying someone $15 to set up a Wordpress blog for you will be more beneficial in the long run as it will be YOUR site.

Yep longroad gave you the BEST way and it doesnt really cost much.

Hey longroad you're a dancing Mango now? :p
Have you heard me say how much I love dancing mangoes??? :D

i remember starting to market sites with only GoTo.com (Overture.com) wayyyyyyyyyyy back in the day.. then bids where cheap and traffic came easy.. then people starting bidding crazy and insane bids for popular keywords.. i still use a variety of PPC sites and when done correctly do well.. but if you don't have any money to start up .. there are alot of free blog sites you can get started with

Magnet, everything depends on your purpose, on what you want to achieve.

It is better if you start small even if you have a huge goal, making money online is a progressive process and you have to take one step at a time.

First, try to learn how the whole system works but at the same time you have to take action.

Thanks,
PV Reymond

thanks guys, will look at blogger and GoTo.com (Overture.com) all tips are good, I am building a Website so was looking at marketing in other ways till it is built.

Magnet, the post by Charlie-Bodylastics was telling about services he used many years ago rather than a suggestion that you use those particular services because a lot has changed with them since then.

If I remember correctly goto.com was started by Idealab around 1996 or 1997 approximately. goto.com then changed their name to Overture Services around the end of 2001. Then in 2003, Yahoo bought Overture.

Attempt to visit overture.com now and you will end up at Yahoo Small Business.

It looks as if Charlie-Bodylastics was posting about the same thing as I did at the same time.

You are welcome magnet.

The main reason this caught my attention is because if you try to go to overture.com and expect to find that you will be at Yahoo Small Business instead, and that isn't free.

If you are expecting something in particular with goto.com you will end up with something very different since you will now be at go2.com which is for mobile phones.

Yah you can, Like me Im promoting products but the fact is I dont own any site..You can promote something through posting it in forums, or elsewhere where there is a great crowd.Like social networks, and etc

If you do decide to get you own domain name and your thinking about going the blog route you can register a domain with GoDaddy for 7.00 (with promo code) and you can choose to automatically install the wordpress blog for free through the control panel. They have a number of blogs, e-commerce software and more that you can install with the click of a button.

Everyone is partial to their own hosting company but I recommend GoDaddy for 3.99 per month.

---so easy a caveman could do it:D.

When choosing a domain you could go to Domain Tools: Whois Lookup and Domain Suggestions and input your domain name idea and see what domain names are available.

You really should get your own domain but be sure to get advice on the name before registering. Keep it short and sweet.

Hope this helps.

Kevin

Hi Kevin, that is good info I do have my own Domain, and starting to build my own Website, slowly. Do you need more than one Domain name?

banners
Back