The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Can I make 50k+ a year doing this?

redfella

affiliate
Hello there.

I have taken some time to search and browse through previous threads relating to my question. I found 3 pages worth of threads with the word "money" in the title. However after browsing through those threads, very few of them actually gave any specific dollar amounts.

My question is this; can I make 50k+ a year with affiliate marketing?

If the answer is yes, I can become commited very quick.

And also I was wondering.... Say I get to the point where I am making 50k+/year, can I ever get to the point where my site is up and running and I will only have to put in a minimal amount of time, say 5-10 hours a week and still maintain that 50+k/year income? You know like the ole' "make money work for you" routine.

Thank you very much.

Yes, you can make that much a year but this is a constantly evolving business and requires you to stay on top of it and grow as it does.

I also suggest you don't put all your eggs in one basket with just one site. Try a few different ones.

Also, it may take some time to get to the $50K a year. There are so many variables. Start with our newbie forum here and you will find a lot of information to help get you started.

Hello there.

I have taken some time to search and browse through previous threads relating to my question. I found 3 pages worth of threads with the word "money" in the title. However after browsing through those threads, very few of them actually gave any specific dollar amounts.

My question is this; can I make 50k+ a year with affiliate marketing?

If the answer is yes, I can become commited very quick.

And also I was wondering.... Say I get to the point where I am making 50k+/year, can I ever get to the point where my site is up and running and I will only have to put in a minimal amount of time, say 5-10 hours a week and still maintain that 50+k/year income? You know like the ole' "make money work for you" routine.

Thank you very much.

redfella,

I love it when someone asks this question. :)

Why, if someone answers yes to the "Can I make 50k at this?" question...does it take that answer for you to become committed?

I would say that you should become committed first...because success in any business is on you...not the income potential. The income potential in any business is solely dependent on the owner of the business.

And an additional thought, this forum, as large as it is...probably wouldn't exist if there wasn't a solid opportunity for affiliate marketing...would it?

redfella, no one will tell you it's ok to succeed...you have to tell yourself it's ok to succeed.

The reality is, this business, like 99% of all businesses, has its challenges and its rewards...and income potential with no specific amount.

So the question really is, redfella, and this is not personal...as many ask the type of question you did above... :D

Are you committed to make 50k (or more) in affiliate marketing this year?

:cool:

Are you committed to make 50k (or more) in affiliate marketing this year?

I totally agree with what you are saying. And I am commited to starting a business. However, I don't want to start something that is going to require that I am behind a computer screen 60 hours a week. If that's the case than maybe I don't belong here. 20 hours behind a screen is ok. Maybe even 30 hours.

What kind of time do you have to put in after you start to get a nice cash flow? For example, if you just had one site and that's all you wanted to do.

Yes its possible if you are very dedicated! I know a lot of people including myself who have done very well. Work hard and pick a product that is not over saturated.

I totally agree with what you are saying. And I am commited to starting a business. However, I don't want to start something that is going to require that I am behind a computer screen 60 hours a week. If that's the case than maybe I don't belong here. 20 hours behind a screen is ok. Maybe even 30 hours.

What kind of time do you have to put in after you start to get a nice cash flow? For example, if you just had one site and that's all you wanted to do.

Those questions don't have a "cookie cutter" answer that fits everyone...and really it comes back to what you want to put in...if you put in 10 hours of work, it won't necessarily pay you 10 hours worth of dollars and cents.

If 60 hours a week scares you, starting a business might be scary (in any business)...unless you have the personal gifts and experience starting, leveraging, and building a business from the past.

And before you list those things in a reply... ;)

There really isn't a way to answer your questions with an answer that will be specific enough to do you good. Everybody is different, has different resources available etc...to leverage into a business.

You really just need to take a step back, and commit to yourself first. If you put in 30 hours a week behind a computer screen, what could you accomplish? If the need came about to put 60 hours a week in, could you do it? Do you have enough passion to do whatever is required to succeed (not just in affiliate marketing, but any business)?

Notice the common thread with all of those questions... you. It really depends on you.

IMHO, take it for what it's worth to you...based on the response you gave above, this may not be for you. Not because it would necessarily "take 60 hours a week behind a computer screen" to be successful, it might, it might not...but the tone of your answer seems to focus on 2 very common causes of business failure in just about any business:

1) You seem to want to be told that this won't require work...or "too much of it" anyhow...to be successful. That mindset will kill your business right away...and quite frankly, it's a very common mindset created by all of the "biz opps" out there (you're not the only one with this mindset).

Bottom line for this point is... it's not work at all, no matter how many hours it takes, if you have a passion for what you're doing. ;)

2) "What kind of time to put in to start a nice cash flow..." That to me implies that you're seeking defining points where the amount of effort you put in starts to go down, and the income continues to go up.

While it's good to think about leverage in this business, and trust me, there are several good leverage opportunities...the effort required to grow any business (not just affiliate marketing) never really decreases, it merely shifts.

And it goes back to point #1, it's not work if you have a passion for it.

Sure, the image of sitting on a beach somewhere with a laptop, and checking your Paypal account for new commissions does in fact exist at certain points that you can control...but the mindset must be adjusted first.

What this all boils down to is...you have to decide for yourself if you're willing to commit your passion to this business first...and then figuring out the rest (hours, income, etc...) really doesn't have as much of an impact (nor does it matter).

And a bonus point (maybe I should have made this an article)... many people think that their income is first focus. If you want to be successful, your mindset has to center around the value you give other people first...and your income is a reflection of how well you do just that. :cool:

That bonus point is probably the reason why many people don't succeed in business or in life.

Hope that helps :)

I wholeheartedly agree as well.

I have no problem at all putting in 60 hours a week, or more, into starting and running a business. However, I don't want to be behind a computer screen for 60 hours a week. This was the distinguishing factor that I was trying to highlight in my previous post but I guess I didn't make that point clear enough.

So again, could I maintain a business of this sort (as a side business) with 20-30/hours a week I wonder?

MI
Back