The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Blog attached to Static Niche Site Question

genuwine4532

affiliate
For you guys that have a blog attached to a static niche site, are you targeting a whole different set of kw's for the blog?

I mean if you target one set on the niche site which sits on the root, then I imagine you will want to optimize the blog around other KW because then you are just competing against yourself in the SERPS, right?

So I just want to know the techniques that some of you have used?

Thanks

I use the blog to target slightly more niche words that I can't be bothered building full pages for on the main site.

EG: The site's main keyword is "car wax"

I might put up a blog post targetting "best car wax reviews". I can just write a quick blog post in a few minutes. It would have a prominent link to the main page with the anchor text "car wax". That way I can quickly rank for the low traffic, niche keyword and it saves me having to build a whole page.

I might put up a blog post targetting "best car wax reviews". ... It would have a prominent link to the main page with the anchor text "car wax".

why not have "best car wax reviews" in the anchor text?

the reason i say this is google loves to see varied anchor text, so having every single link going to your money page saying "car wax" may not do as well as if you linked to the main page with the full keywords ...

besides which, with "best car wax reviews" as the anchor text, google will still see "car wax" anyway

just my 2c :D

MI
Back