The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Best Way to Start til I Can Afford SiteBuildIt

MoorJames

affiliate
Hey everybody,

I am just starting out being an affiliate- so new that I don't have a site yet. I believe that I have my niche sorted out (closest thing to a passion). To this I mean I have something that I think I can write about and give valuable information to people and maybe hand out a couple affiliate links to some stores for commission. The only thing is, it's not quite the passion that most people talk about. I don't really have a passion because I haven't really been able to afford one. I just entertain myself from daily stuff instead of picking up really any hobbies. But this is still good enough that I could do it often without it really being "work". (I say that now:p )

I was planning on purchasing SiteBuildIt! as it has had some pretty great reviews, and the Affiliate Masters Course has been a great tool in my research. Only problem is now that has been delayed for a little while as the funds tightened back up, and just waiting until it loosens. So now I may just head in my own direction and do everything manually. But there is a problem because I don't know how to do everything so I'm being slowed by "time to learn". Not saying that it's a horrible thing, just that it would be nice to have the convenience and help factor in the mix.

So that is kind of why I'm here is because I may need some Guidance, and will be happy to help if able. But also to make a few friends and create a career. See you in the forums

Hi James,

Lot's of our members use SBI but lots also use WordPress or Blogger or HubPages which are all free.

One strategy is to use either of the last 2 as a free starter sites. Then once you build a site on your domain just add links to your blogger blog or hub pointing to your new main site. Then use the established Blogger blog as a feeder site to your new one.

Here are a ton of good suggestions about how to build your 1st site.

So after you read them all you may get a little confused. Just come back to this thread and tell use which options you think may work for you and ask away and we'll try to help you get it narrowed down to something that may work for you.

James,

Until you purchase, you may want to get a jump on the process of building your first SBI site by going through the Action Guide. I like the videos rather than the copy, but use whatever is best for you (the female voice is better, IMO). Site Build It! Video Action Guide

I've used SBI since 2006 and am on my 2nd site. I swear by it! ;)

Tony

Thanks Linda for the advice, I have never blogged before but will give it a try after reading up on it. Sure it couldn't hurt.

Also to Oregon Coast guy, Thanks for the link. I have been all over the site and didn't see the those. I'll run through those today. Thanks again for the support. If any more advice, please share.

Hi James. I'm with Linda on the Wordpress or Blogger idea. Both are great free sites that can benefit you in the long and short run. By using these easy and well established Blogging platforms you can begin to see if this business is actually for you. You may find that you don't particularly like writing content, reflecting on niche themes, figuring out how to monetize a site, etc...OR...you may love it, which will motivate and inspire you to learn as much as you can. Either way, you won't be spending a ton of time learning the design side of things and you won't be spending a bunch of cash on something that you may not end up using. But first things first, read all you can on this forum and of course, ask pertinent questions. This can be, and probably already is, and exciting time for you and I wish you all the best in your development. Take care and rock on...:D

Also to Oregon Coast guy, Thanks for the link. I have been all over the site and didn't see the those. I'll run through those today. Thanks again for the support. If any more advice, please share.

No prob, James. This is the actual guide you will go through, so why not get started before you lay down the cash? ;)

You're going to love it!!

I'm writing you on my laptop from a coffee shop right now thanks to SBI. I call this one of my many satellite offices! haha. My job IS my web sites.

Tony

Wow, you guys are unbelievable.. I'm also a member of DP and sometimes people don't respond at all. Thanks again people. I will be reading up more about SBI!- it's my only ebook. I have read parts of others, but Affiliate Masters Course was the only one I printed out.

Also Tony, you are were I want to be. That is why I am moving in this direction. For the Past several months, I have been selling products on the internet, mainly thru ebay, but also have a website. But I don't really like having to always be at home to ship out merchandise. So this way, if...no wait.. WHEN I become a successful affiliate (full time) I will have the ability to take my work with me. And like you, sitting in my favorite coffee shop or breakfast place, and start my day.... I'm drooling just thinking about it. :) Anyways, everybody will hear from me soon. I'm on here all day everyday.

Cool, James. I can almost hear your passion! That passion will take you over the top. It sounds like me. hehe.

My first site was a blast to build and pulls anywhere from 500 (off-season; it's a site about the Oregon coast) to 900 (on-season) guests a day. The main monetization models are Adsense and direct sales and they both do well.

I'm just starting my next site, as I said, and the fun never ends. SiteSell takes real good care of us. ;)

Tony

I wonder if it's the idea of working from my laptop that has me so excited, probably more than the products that I promote. :) My dream would be to set up a legit site that people can go to if they want to earn a few extra bucks working online. Maybe have a site where people can log in, and choose from several different ways to earn some cash. For example, if they wanted to take a few surveys to make a couple bucks, or try some offers that pay, or maybe set up an affiliate program of their own. Just something that at any time, they know they can log in, and start making money (probably not tons, but enough for an extra christmas present) from there free time. But this is way down the road I guess, I always read that you should never start this way- too much work, and it may not pay off quick enough for me to get burnt out. Unless there is already a place out there like this.

Whatever you choose, make sure the subject matter excites you. That will keep you writing about it without it becoming drudgery.

Making money online is a very saturated market and will be a very hard niche to own because of all the competition.

I'm sure that after you start the Action Guide, you'll have some great ideas for a profitable site.

It really is fun being able to work wherever. No boss to answer to and no cubicle to hold you in. The feeling of freedom rocks! ;)

Tony

banners
Back