The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Article distribution and submission confusion, Where do I start?

affiliaterookie2009

affiliate
Hello,

I have attempted to search the forums as much as I could to gather as much information on the topic as I could before posting this. Just when I thought I was close to beginning my article marketing I ran into so many options that I don't know where to begin. To my understanding it's a good idea to start with ezine and isnare. These two supposedly distribute articles to thousands of other article directories. I have also read about submityourarticle .com in one of the forums which submits to ezine, etc. This makes it pointless to submit to ezine manually. This is confusing me. :confused:

With that said, how do I know which article directories that the top distributors (such as ezine) do not distribute too so that I can manually submit to them for more traffic without submitting duplicates?

Whats the point of article submitting software? is there an advantage over the prior?

How many freshly written articles should I be submitting daily to obtain good traffic results?

If I submit over 5 articles daily to one article directory, do they have to be different each day? or can I submit the same ones on different days?

Do I write the same articles and reword them?

Why exactly do articles have to be submitted daily, are the previous days articles not gaining much traffic anymore the next day?

Thanks again for your timely responses, hope these questions can clear up alot of confusion and prevent further procrastionation for other newbies as well!

Ezine is a great submission site and is one of googles favorites. I also tend to write all my articles with unique content each time. I seem to get a better PR this way.

Good luck ;)

Awesome, I greatly appreciate you guys info. Next stop, free keyword research, lol. I'll read as much on it as possible from the forums before I post. I'm trying to find a way to easily sort low competition, popular search terms with a free keyword search tool so that I can paste my choices into a spreadsheet. I've been using the free Google Adwords tool which shows these categories but I have to manually go down the list to copy and past the info after sorting the best I can. If anyone has any idea please let me know. If I need to I will start a new thread though after I research

Thanks again, I'm almost there!

Please start a new thread about KW research in the SEO forum and I'll help you there. I moved this thread to the article marketing forum instead of newbie forum.

The first thing you have to do is figure out what you are going to do with the articles. Are you looking for direct clicks from the articles? Are you using them for link building, what are your demographics? These and many other questions need to be addressed before you can set up a good article marketing plan.

If you are writing for links for seo purposes, then you need to blast them to as many directories as you can, if you are writing for direct traiif, you need a lot of factors in the articles and only posted to about 3 directories.

You have to consider that articles are the vehicle that you use to get a specific job done. Let me explain, a truck and a dragster are both vehicles, but each has its specific uses. They have the same basic componets, but modifications to the internal and external parts has a major effect on how well each performs under certain situations.

Now, if you will tell me what you want to do with them, I can tell you more about what, when, where and how to make the next steps.

Here's my starting article marketing model. Next step help please?

Thanks jcorkern!

My 1st niche is fitness, which has many sub-niches. I will break that sub-niche down as far as I can go to start. I will work on the one sub-niche while focusing on selling 5 products. I think that a blog or site would be most effective for me as I have lots and lots of free information to give, and this information would most likely be more effective at directing traffic to sales. eventually I want articles to lead to a page with an email opt-in list that then leads them to the free information, but I will have to master this major step first. I don't wanna get ahead of myself.

Now I'm wondering, if Im submitting articles daily which lead to my blog or site, whats the most effective way of doing this with my model above?

Do I dish out for example 5 articles daily leading to the blog or site? are these articles typically the same articles over and over again? are they gonna be different each day? or reworded?

Do I have to update my site or blog every day with new information as well? if Im dishing out this many articles and they are different daily, wont they all end up containing all of my blog or page content at some point?

I notice alot of ezines are repetitive. The same articles posted over and over again. Is that what they mean by "I post about 5 articles per day". Are they posting the same 5 articles daily?

Whichever I choose I need this to be for the longterm success of my business

Thanks for listening!

Ok, if you are working on a blog platform, then i would do 3 articles a day for submissions to the directories and send them to as many as I could for at least 30 days with proper anchor text, then you can drop to one a day for times sake. This will get the blog a load of links, and if you use WP as the platform, it will rank good for long tail keywords.

Next is the time consuming one, and that is a post every day, rain or shine. These should use teasers, examples and have affiliate links worked into the content. I would put a few banners on the side for color enhansement and make them a bright color to create excitement, you don't want to look boaring. But...never use a banner in a post for the clickthrough. There is a reason for it. People think in pictures or "images". Let me give you an example. If I tell you that I have a pile of money, what do you think?, you dont, you get a visual image of your idea of a pile of money, If you use a banner with an image, you just destroyed the imagination of the visitor and therefore the desire to click to see if their mental "Image" of what it should be.

You are creating a "curiosity click" because there is some doubt in their mind about if they are right in what they imagined. If you use a text link, you will get a CTR that is 3 times higher on average because the mental image is theirs alone, not one you provided.

Make sure you use the word "because" in the text in close relation to the link. It is amazing, but makes a huge difference in the CTR of the link.

Make sure you title the post or article on the blog (one a day) with a long tail phrase. In less that a week, you should start getting traffic, then use the list capture system to build the list. You will naturally build a following with the blog if you post everyday, so even if the list does not build at the rate you think you need, you are still building a following.

The 3 articles a day needs to be general information and are for links mostly, and everyone needs to be origional in content and then mass distributed to as many directories as you can. I use articlemarketer.com , but you can use any service you wish or any software you wish, but get them out to a lot of directories.

The one post a day is where you use all of the tricks to pre-sell and get them to click on the affiliate links.

You also need to send out your RSS feed to as many rss directories as you can, this is free, just takes time.

You can have a thriving business in 30 days if you treat it as a business. This means work everyday, just like a regular job, study to become the expert in your field and stay steady.

I have just told you what to do in the first 30 days, after this, you report back and tell us where you are and we will go to the next step.

If you have other question, just ask.

Great advice Jim. We are SO lucky to have you!

I hadn't thought of text links from the imagination and visualization aspect before. Very interesting and so true. I of course knew text links converted better but just had not thought of it that way before.

Thanks for always being so willing to help!!!

Starting article marketing model next step advice continued...?

Thanks a million! :)This I will do. Sounds like a great plan

Okay so if blog platform, 3 a day for submissions to directories to as many as I can. Some of the directories send articles to others, so which ones should I choose to prevent wasting my time submitting articles to directories that other directories have already sent my articles to?

It is definitely my goal to get them submitted to as many directories as I can.

Also I understand Website is the better way to start for the longterm, but what kind of adjustments would I have to make if I started off with a blog and then started a page? Would I be redirecting the links to the webpage?

I am sure that I would end up addin a blog to the website as well, but I wanna start blogging until I get rid of the fear of building a successful longterm website.

I will research RSS feed before I post any questions on it. I have heard the term a lot but haven?t got around to it yet.

Thanks Linda,

Now, concerning the distribution of the articles, no directories submit them to others, but people / site owners can reprint them as they find them. You either need some software or a submission service, and the choice is yours. I use articlemarketer.com, but that is my prefrence and you go with what makes you comfortable.

You have to consider, you are going to put out 90 articles in 30 days, so factor that in. Manual is not an option if you want a quick start. So, if you are serious, get some software or a service, it is that cut and dried. You can read other post on the forum about software and services and judge for yourself.

now the blog verses site issue. You may want a site later, and that is fine, but I know of a dozen people who make 6 figures with 1 blog, they just focus on that one blog full time, and you can do it also.

Next is that you would be Adding a site, you just use the blog to direct the traffic to your new site, so it is an addition, not moving from one to the other, but you may decide never to do that.

This bothers me already: "I am sure that I would end up addin a blog to the website as well, but I wanna start blogging until I get rid of the fear of building a successful longterm website."

You will never get rid of fear, if it is not this, it will be something else. You must learn to use fear to your advantage. If you want to fear something, fear failure so bad that you will do everything you can to beat it and you will.

If failure is an option, then that is the ultimate option you will choose, you can bank on it. The worst advice I have ever had was to have something to "fall back on".

Get off of the boat, set it on fire and never look back from your new world, if you do not have this attitude, you are assured of failure.

Let me let you in on a secret, this is not rocket science, you solve problems as they come, study, test, practice, and you will soon have the success you seek. But for the most part, it is a step by step process. I will not overload you with too much info, but you will learn each step as you go, and become proficent in each before moving to the next step.

Keep it simple and take one step at a time.

Wordpress makes it so easy to have both in one shot. Ive built one site as my test site as a pure blog, and learned quite a lot from this investment of $10.

I just bought a new domain and have been building it on a Wordpress platform as a website. It is only a couple of landing pages right now, with a blog attached, but I have things planned out to really help my SEO efforts.

Seriously, for those with the jitters about creating a full fledged website, spend a few hours learning how to use Wordpress as a content management system as well as a blog. It is seriously just as easy as writing a normal blog post once you get things set up.

Thanks alot guys,

Now I'm a step closer. WP sounds perfect. I just have to get over my indecisiveness that leads to further procrastination. I'm gonna keep it simple and one step at a time. Burn all bridges. I have read about that "fear" in Think and Grow Rich. I needed that reminder!

Okay I?m going to go with WP as it ranks high, 3 articles a day for submissions to as many directories as I can. So all I really need to work on right now to begin my business is: WP, blogging daily, Article writing and submission, and Keyword Research Right?

When I went to start signing up to finally begin my new business I came up with the following questions:

Would I be starting with a WordPress free blog or WordPress with Premium Features (en.wordpress.com/products)?:confused:

Would I be using one of the various WordPress hosting options? If so, any recommendations?

I will update the blog site daily, 1 post daily.

Do I have to come up with different general information for each and every article that I submit (3X daily/90 articles in 30 days)? Or will I be recycling or rewording any?

Thanks for the patience, the closer I think I am the more questions pop up. Unless I'm over analytical, lol

Wordpress.org, hosted on a domain that you own.

I refuse to build traffic for someone else to benefit from, and in some cases they don't want you profiting on thier back anyways, so hosting your own website is the best option.

I replied to your PM earlier and explained things a bit there on how to get that set up.

I wont go into too many of the details on the how-to as I am still generally new at article marketing (though I already see the potential and power of it), but you can rewrite some of your own work for the submissions. You really want to avoid duplicates as there will be no benefit to you if you get caught... and the main benefit will be the extra links to your main/money website.

Honestly though, writing 3 fresh articles each day takes me about an hour or so, so it isnt that daunting. And know that you will be able to outsource some of this writing later on once things start working for you.

Part of the key you are missing is the social bookmarking, blog commenting, and forum posting aspects. The whole key is to build a web. This web is to catch traffic to your site, as well as to draw the search engine spiders to crawl you more often and reward you more relevancy (and a higher rank). Every peice of work that I create I build at least 3 dozen links to within days of it. Each article, each blog post, each landing page, each hub, each lens, etc. The bigger web you can create, the better things will be.

Hosted Website w/ WordPress question

With a website hosted containing WP blogging as we were speaking about earlier, Is the Blog built into the website,is it separate, or is it an option?

Trying to understand how the site/blog combo works.:confused:

How do I separate site content from the blog content? I mean do I make sure I don't give up too much info on the site, and save extra for the blog? Save the blog for updated research that I do daily?

Or is the blog the main setup focus point in this model? Is the Blog basically the site? Am I making any sense here?:confused:

After this is set up I know about the free blogs that I can use to direct traffic to my site, its just the main one mentioned above that I'm concerned with. The Website with Wordpress.org tied in.

I don't know if that makes any sense. The reason I am asking this question is because I have heard of using a separate domain name for the website and the blog site being beneficial.

All of the options you mentioned are possible BUT to keep it simple the best way to start is to launch a blog on your own domain. Search engines like Wordpress blogs and the frequent updated content will help you get pages listed.

You can add a site later if you ever need to, but not sure why you would want to though. Depends on strategy, but lots of affiliates just use WP for everything.

KISS and don't over analyze. ;)

banners
Back