The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Article distribution and submission confusion, Where do I start?

That looks fine I think. Lots of affiliates seem to use HostGator.

No you should be able to set up wordpress right from within your hosting control panel.

Yep, install it from Fantastico on your CPanel.

The only thing you will want to set up is askimet, which requires a wordpress.com account for the code. The plugin will explain how to get that number.

Ok, if you are working on a blog platform, then i would do 3 articles a day for submissions to the directories and send them to as many as I could for at least 30 days with proper anchor text, then you can drop to one a day for times sake. This will get the blog a load of links, and if you use WP as the platform, it will rank good for long tail keywords.

Let me make sure I understand this, Jim. (so much conflicting, confusing info on duplicate content.)

Meaning: I write and submit 90 (3 x 30)different articles to ezine. I make NO changes to these articles. The content, signature and title remain the same for each of the 90 articles. Then, I submit them en mass to other article directories. Those articles will not be considered duplicate content by the article directories or by google. (however, I should not use exact duplicates of these articles as a blog post. Those should be rewritten.)

I think I get why this is accurate - based on the logic of your examples of API and other news stories being picked up by multiple sites (in your other threads). But I think I've been a bit brainwashed by all this stuff about spinning required before submitting to multiple directories.

Those articles will not be considered duplicate content by the article directories or by google.

They certainly WILL be considered duplicate content by Google and other search engines, however the article directories feel about them. However, since they exist on other sites, I'd say you don't have to care about that a whole lot.

No, I have not yet submitted the articles anywhere. They are ready to go, but before I starting submitting, I came here to re-read some of the posts to help me understand the best practices.

This old, but well frequented, thread got me VERY confused about the definition and affect of duplicate content. I'm still trying to understand.

http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5...5-duplicate-content-s-not-what-you-think.html

If I am understanding Jim's opinions (which were evidently well received on the forum), Google will not consider it duplicate content. But either I am misinterpreting what he is saying, or not everyone is in agreement as to how Google treats these articles. (I'm not talking about blog posts - I get that those cannot be repeated without out changes.)

If Google will slap you for duplicate content, how on earth do those article submission software programs benefit anybody???

ArizonaJay, I admit I'm confused by all this too. So many differing opinions.
All I can say is I'm glad I don't do article marketing so I don't have to try to figure it out. :eek:

If Google will slap you for duplicate content, how on earth do those article submission software programs benefit anybody???

That is the root of the confusion right there - the bolded part. Google doesn't "slap" anyone for duplicate content. There is no duplicate content penalty. It's a misnomer at best, a myth at worst.

Duplicate content is handled in this way: If Google determines that two articles are "identical" or "duplicates", it will identify one as the original (e.g., the version first published) and then usually drop the copies from its index.

No one is punished, slapped, or penalized. It's simply a matter of removing redundancy from the search results.

Now if your entire site consists of republsihed articles, that's a problem because chances are eventually all of the pages in your site disappear from the index. Similarly, if you scrape someone else's site, you may be able to ride it for a while but all things being equal you will in due course vanish.

On the other hand, if you publish original articles and submit them to various places, you will probably be able to benefit from those backlinks for a while at least, and having the article appear in more than once place increases your exposure and may bring you additional traffic.

Does that help?

yes, thank you, thank you, thank you.

So - my site will NOT have duplicate content. All fresh, all original.

But, especially since it's a new site, I should submit my articles to multiple article sites and MAY gain some benefit, but don't go crazy and buy into the article submission programs that submit you to a zillion sites in seconds kind of stuff.

Is that about right?

banners
Back