The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

7 Steps To Higher Pre-Sell Conversions and More Money

Sales Conversions

I like the article on sales conversion tips. But I have a question.

I've read of 2 strategies to affiliate marketing:

1. Preselling pages: You merely review the product and not sell and then lead the click through to your sales pages. (AKA Ken Evoys Style)

2. Actual sales pages, but if they lead to other sales pages the Sale Conversion ratios drop right? (Do you have specific Sales Pages leading to your affiliate products?)

What do you think works better?

Thanks

Joel

Hi Joel,

Welcome to 5 star and thanks for starting off right by asking a great question.
I'm hoping some affiliates here will weigh in and give you their feedback.

I'm rushing to leave for WebMasterWorld but will try to weigh in when I get back.

To me, the internet was built on information so I like informative sites and that's what I tend to do. How many commercials on TV do you tune out because of the sales hype?

bizopsg said:
I like the article on sales conversion tips. But I have a question.

I've read of 2 strategies to affiliate marketing:

1. Preselling pages: You merely review the product and not sell and then lead the click through to your sales pages. (AKA Ken Evoys Style)

2. Actual sales pages, but if they lead to other sales pages the Sale Conversion ratios drop right? (Do you have specific Sales Pages leading to your affiliate products?)

What do you think works better?

Thanks

Joel

I agree. I promote Medifast, which is a highly repsected diet program. I provide my affilaites with factual content that doesn't really push people into buying and it converts 100 times better than banner ads or a paragraph on how amazing the product is.

Facts = sales

The more informed the consumer is the more ready they are to buy.

What you said Brian is very true.

But want to get back to the idea of pre-selling for a minute. When I talk pre-selling (Linda style) I'm not talking hype or pitch at all. It's been said many times by great sales trainers that people don't buy logically - they buy emotionally! I was in sales and sales management for 20 years - I was even sales training and professional speaker. I never once CLOSED a sale and I was always winning awards for top sales person. Even won a sales trip to Japan. One sales concept I have always believed in is "Find out what your customers want and give it to them." So simple...

So when you roll some of those concepts up together - people buy emotionally - find out what they want and GIVE it to them you end up with the concept of PRE-selling - ie helping to set the stage for them to WANT to buy once they get to the merchants site. NOT selling them or hyping them or manipulating them but trying to put them in the mood so to speak by figuring out what they really WANT and GIVING it to them.

The reason I think this is important and could help increase conversion rates is that the merchant in some cases is NOT good at selling. Example: You have a site about fishing and sell fishing poles, lures and tackle boxes. Is that REALLY what your customers want to buy or is at least part of what they really want something like relaxation for example. So instead of just the tech specs about the rod and reel, which may be all that's on the merchant page how about adding a great testimonial if you can find one from another fisherman saying "as soon as I put my feet up on the side of the boat and cast with that rod the 1st time - I could just tell it was going to be a great fishing day." Maybe that's a lame example but you get the drift. Are your visitors really interested in buying a security "system" or are they interested in the "feeling" of security the system will give them?

My biggest point is that using testimonials can be one of the most powerful pre-selling tools in your arsenal. Testimonials can do a couple different things. 1) Help the prospect visualize or feel what owning the product could do for them 2) Offers the peace of mind that someone else made a decision to buy the product and found it was a good choice. 3) Safety in numbers - all these other people are happy with their decision so I probably will too.

Very Strong Personal Example: I decided one of the Christmas presents I am getting my darling granddaughter Allie is a Jumperoo.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t.../002-7828689-6275243?v=glance&s=baby&n=507846

Look at the features. Dry boring. You think that's what sold me? I was at FisherPrice - I assume they are pretty good at marketing to parents and grandparents. Their page about the Jumperoo didn't sell me. What sold me? The testmonials and pics on Amazon of other babies and hearing how much the babies loved it. Am I buying a piece of equipment a child can jump up and down in? NO WAY. I'm a typical doting Grandma and I'm buying the vision of Allie smiling and laughing and having fun. I'm buying the look in my daughters eyes when she sees how much fun Allie is having. I'm buying love and happiness!

Help your customers visualize what it would be like to own the products you are selling. Find some testimonials that can help this process. Find out what your customers really want and give it to them.

Linda,

The jumparoo is a great Buy. My daughter loves that thing. She has just started to move the whole unit so it's almost time to pull her off it for good. But she still has fun jumping, Jumping all day long.

I would like to point out I have this great door way page that gets people wanting to know more about Success Universtiy. Thats on page 1 it has been designed for capturing names and emails. That take my new prospect to Page 2 that never converts prospects into sales. Why? People buy emotionally Linda hit the old nail on the head.

Analyze the emotional impact of your headlines: www.aminstitute.com/headline/index.htm Wouldn't you know it the head line on page 1 Generated a emotional rating of 98%.
The Head Line on page 2 Generated a rating of 7% So I tweaked page 2's headlines, and got it to rate 64% believe it, I Doubled my sales.

They say Headlines sell newspapers? I think it may have something to do with closing sales too? You may want to find out what emotional impact Your ads have prior to sending them out. I do not know how they do it, but if you generate an emotion out of your prospects they want to know more.

I have also played around with my Google adword ad placing it into this little program www.aminstitute.com/headline/index.htm My clicks are up give it a try.

I can't take the credit there are all kinds of links, and tools that I found in the final pages of Dotcomology.

<<edited by Linda to fix link>>

very cool tool. I tested some email subject lines. The one I had that a "copywriter" came up with had an EMV of like 11%. I put in a different subject line that one of my co-workers came up with and it had an EMV of 66.67%

Thanks!

MI
Back