The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

411 on first step?

ResGal

affiliate
I am recently learning about affiliate marketing. at first it seemed like such an easy idea. just find something and advertise via blog, article, squidoo. i felt i did not need a website. now that i reading more, it is so overwhelming that i am hesitant to start. i want to start but i don't know where. i just signed up for clickbank, but that is as far as i got. i am confused as to where to go from there or if i should even be signed up for clickbank. what do you suggest a first time affiliate marketer sign up for. any specific products? what are the basic steps to get set up?

thank you

I would start by googling anything from make money online to work from home, don't pay for anything because your doing this to gather as much info as possible so that you become familiar with certain word terminology and get the hang of how things work.

Also try going to Squidoo,Hubpage,Youtube, these are all places that you can learn from and again remember that your doing this to gain information so keep your credit card in your pocket and don't pay for anything just yet.

You will thank me later, don't make the mistake that most newbies make just starting out. I spent thousands when I first started online, don't make the same mistake.

-Joseph

P.S. Don't fall for the get rich over night crap. The only way that you can get Rich overnight is to ask his wife if it's Ok.

I am recently learning about affiliate marketing. at first it seemed like such an easy idea. just find something and advertise via blog, article, squidoo. i felt i did not need a website. now that i reading more, it is so overwhelming that i am hesitant to start. i want to start but i don't know where. i just signed up for clickbank, but that is as far as i got. i am confused as to where to go from there or if i should even be signed up for clickbank. what do you suggest a first time affiliate marketer sign up for. any specific products? what are the basic steps to get set up?

thank you

It's called 'information overload' and I know exactly how you feel. I felt exactly the same way when I started affiliate marketing 5 years ago!

Here's what I recommend to overcome your problem:

1) Keep it simple! My mentor, the late Jim Rohn, taught me to 'become an expert on the basics before you seek the exotic' and this is what I still teach my affiliate students.

2) Start with simply placing a few ads on the internet and direct linking (sending potential buyers) to the affiliate offer page.

3) Use that simple process to get the feel of what it's like to earn a commission, and to gain a basic understanding of affiliate marketing. Learn by doing! NOT by studying.

4) Visit my free affiliate training blog at StartBusinessMentor.com for more info on this simple approach to starting your journey to wealth, then take the action on what you learn there.

I wish you all success! I can tell you the rewards are worth it :)

Hi Resgal
There are some really useful threads in the newbie part of this forum that could help clarify your concerns. Admittedly, when one first finds out about affiliate marketing, the amount of information can be overwhelming. But it really is about focussing on the basics and getting them under your belt then bulding up from there.
Personally I think you need your own website to be truly successful at affiliate marketing, but before running out to get a domain name and hosting account, I'd suggest you read a few of the threads in this forum about getting an optimal domain name and how to determine your niche. Would save you a whole lot of headache later.

Finally a word of encouragement. I started to dabble in affiliate marketing a few years ago. initially took a lot of hard work and learning curve was so steep it was vertical, but I stuck to it and now have a bunch of reasonably successful websites.

Good luck

Yeah, don't get caught up in all the information that is out there. I would suggest researching a beginner tutorial and DOING everything that it says. It may not be how you run your business a year from now, but it will get you started. Then once you have mastered everything that was suggested in that article, move on to another one and repeat.

banners
Back