The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

1st Affiliate Website? Where to get it? How to build it?

Me, again!

Good information. Thanks for the introduction to NVU. There was a wonderful site builder that I really liked... BlueVoda...and had happily and delightfully begun using it--it reminded me so much of the Word 2003 interface. It was very attractive--pretty, and easy to use, too. Had lots of support, numerous downloadable template groups, very reasonable hosting available and there were plenty video tutorials, but for some reason it wouldn't work on my laptop, just my PC. It's extremely easy to use. If only I could've gotten it to work on the laptop:(

I loved it, and tried, unsuccessfully, over a span of several weeks to resolve the laptop issues using all suggested remedies from their great support team. Sadly, and reluctantly, Ive just had to give up. I think I'll now see what NVU and I may be able to accomplish together.

Thanks again

I'm beginning to like the NVU. Although I haven't actually begun using it, I have downloaded it to PC and laptop and have found and begun watching some video tutorials set up at the NVU website and at the youtube website. These videos are VERY helpful. To get the most out of learning something I (personally) do much, much better with visual, hands-on lessons than with written instructions. I'm going to put something together later this evening in order to begin becoming familiar with the features and seeing how the program really works for a person who thrives on simplicity.

Thanks again (everyone) for the tips!

Hi

Is anyone using KompoZer - Easy web authoring ?

Info from Komposer site;

KompoZer is a complete web authoring system that combines web file management and easy-to-use WYSIWYG web page editing.

KompoZer is designed to be extremely easy to use, making it ideal for non-technical computer users who want to create an attractive, professional-looking web site without needing to know HTML or web coding.

Have a look at kiosk mate. I get all my hosting and domains through this company. That are really good with customer support 2nd to none for anything you need from list building, web design etc etc. Goodluck :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Domain+Host for Wordpress

Hello everybody,

I Found some web hosting companies that provide Domain name included, can I go with that or better to have my Domain name with one company and web Hosting with a different company?
I need to register for a web hosting that support Wordpress.
I'll appreciate any help.
Thanks

If it's a reputable company it's fine to get a free domain with them. Just read the fine print and be sure it's yours to keep and you can move it to a new host if this one has problems.

As a general strategy I know lots of people, myself included, prefer to keep domains and hosting separate, but for a newbie starting out, getting a free domain with hosting I think is OK for your 1st site.

Hi

I agree with Linda for the sake of a couple of dollars on renewing your domain in a year it is much easier to take the free domain.

You dont need to worry about changing name servers & for this year its free, if you want wordpress just make sure your host offers fantastico.

Fantastico will auto install wordpress & many other site scripts if your host does not offer it i would suggest you look elsewhere.

Yea I always use pre made templates and just edit the images to look more professional. I am assuming though you are using a dorrway page before your landing page right?

If so it is a good idea to keep your doorway somewhat basic. So your not taking away from the information that your prospect is wanting.

I don't think that I will use pre made templates but I will create my web blog myself using Wordpress. Didn't install it yet but I will.
Do you recommend ( Bluehost ) as a web hosting?? I am not sure if they offer Fantastico but they offer free install for Wordpress.
Thanks

I don't think that I will use pre made templates but I will create my web blog myself using Wordpress. Didn't install it yet but I will.
Do you recommend ( Bluehost ) as a web hosting?? I am not sure if they offer Fantastico but they offer free install for Wordpress.
Thanks

Bluehost does have fantastico & is a good webhost

Personally use Hostgator

Thanks for your advice Solutionc, I would of go with Hostgator if they support Windows Web Hosting but unfortunatly they support only Linux Web Hosting for now.

Thanks for your advice Solutionc, I would of go with Hostgator if they support Windows Web Hosting but unfortunatly they support only Linux Web Hosting for now.

Either host is good, "Linux Web Hosting" refers to their servers not your PC

Most web hosts currently run Linux servers, Windows servers are more common as local servers (customer owned).

As for which type you should choose to host your site on - it doesn't matter. Unless you have purchased or intend to purchase a purpose built website script that was specifically designed to run on one or the other.

Hope this helps

you see!! that is why I am newbie and I am sure that there is a lot of learning to come.
Thanks again Solutionc.

Your welcome - Linux / Windows servers is a common mistake your asking the right questions

Good Luck
Simon

Im new to this but dont want to jump in too quick

Hey im new to affifliate marketing and I have had this reccomended to me a few times, really not sure how to go about promoting it though. Any help?

Stu

Last edited by a moderator:
I like Teli's examples or tips. Is it ever automated though once you get your passionate site up . I mean all I want to do after that are a few updates per month and marketing. To do daily or every other day maintenance to a website is time consuming when you have more than 10.

A wonderful free tool is kompozer. I think it has some affiliation with NVU, but more than anything its free and has some pretty powerful tools available. Once you get that going you should really get your bearings about the basics. A wonderful book that was recommended to me and that really cares about how a person learns the material is "Head First HTML" wonderful book. Written for the laymen and has pictures, lol. I like pictures.

MI
Back